About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Friday 14th May 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started May-13 by Jatchat; 489 views.
Jatchat

May-13

I am confident that I can beat this addiction, therefore I pledge NOPE today, Please join me

Confidence is an attitude of mind not a feeling or emotion from the heart

Kind regards

Anthony

6 Hrs

PattyA

May-13

I have a plan of quitting May 18 2021..have been on Chantix for a couple weeks..have never really tried before..been smoking over 40 years

In reply toRe: msg 2
boylant22

May-13

Patty,

I smoked for 25 years and this is really my first attempt at quitting as well. I’m currently on day 74. You can do anything you put your mind to, you just have to really be ready to quit. There are hard days, but you can absolutely do it. I found it very helpful to stop looking at smoking as something I was giving up, but instead I was gaining so much more (freedom, health, money). 

PattyA

May-13

Thanks for the support..I’m gonna need t and so glad  ran across this forum to share with others during this journey

Jatchat

May-13

Nothing to fear, read the info on this site in the Quit Smoking Library, or Marj's post (Slowblumer) at the start of the May posts in Introductions/Newcomers Nook and follow the links, this will prepare you well if you have not already done so. And Post Post Post

I wish you well on your journey

Kind regards

Anthony

boylant22

May-14

Hi Anthony,

pledging NOPE with you today. This weekend will be trying for me as my grandfather passed away this week and the funeral services are on Saturday. Trying to stay strong and remember that smoking doesn’t make anything better. 

hope you are doing well. How is the hip healing up?

Jatchat

May-14

Hi Boylan,

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, hold on to your personal supports, and hope your grief is not  to severe. Were you close?

My hip is recovering slowly, not helped by my recent smoking, thankfully today I have not smoked. I saw my surgeon today (6 week checkup) and he asked how much walking I did and when I said 5-7 Km per day he said WOW! so I guess it improving.

Hope you can hold onto your quit, I am sure you can, you are doing so wonderfully well.

Kind regards

Anthony

blackbird912

May-14

Hi Anthony and the rest of the folks here,  I will gladly take your hand pledge NOPE with you today.  
Chris

Eve1973

May-14

Good morning fellow Nopers! 

I am pledging my NOPE and asking anyone who is struggling to join in! Not one puff ever! I’m an addict! Can’t do that!

Patty ....good for you! Check out the “Health support and Encouragement tab. Look for my Weaning off Chantix thread, it may help you. I used it many times......each time different reactions, so if you have questions, feel free to ask! See you TUESDAY! 

CC to Loreficent
PattyA

May-14

Thanks for the quidance!