About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicotine addiction    General Chit-Chat

Started May-14 by derekbaby; 210 views.
derekbaby

May-14

Good day everyone, 

I have been smoking for about 14 to 15 years now and I never actually realised I had a problem. I lived in denial for so many years, I used cigarettes when I was happy, when I was sad, when I was stressed, when u had a good meal, when I had a good sex etc I smoked for any reason as it gave me peace of mind, but I came to realise now the deadly thing called cigarette. 
I decided to go fully clean two weeks ago, initially I tried to quit but I couldn’t, it defeated my willpower. I found myself relapsing over and over again. But this time I quit cold turkey for two weeks now, and one of the best ways to do this is to do it for a purpose, get support from loved ones. I actually did quit because of my partner, I love her so much and I want to spend a lot of time alive with her, she has given me so much support mentally. I woke up this morning and started craving cigar terribly, I could barely sleep, but I have told myself, I’m not going to smoke ever again. If I can do it, you can do it 

Eve1973

May-14

Nice Derek! Good job.....if you need support, be sure to come back and join in! 

Congrats on 2 weeks!

boylant22

May-15

Congratulations!  Happy for your success and finding your reason for motivation to quit.