About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Saturday 15th May 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started May-14 by Jatchat; 376 views.
Jatchat

May-14

With untypical bravado I enter into the second day of my quit with a loud pledge of NOPE!

Please join me

Kind regards

Anthony

oxanquits

May-14

Hi Anthony, it’s almost midnight of May 15th so I’ll join you in NOPEing. Busy weekend ahead of me including small party, another smoke free test but I’m confident to pass it. 

As I see and feel your struggle I remembered about one routine I used to do before I quit.. it’s one video using NLP technique which I did 1 month prior my quit, I have a feeling it played a role in my quit too. Among the 3 goals mentioned there I always put quit smoking as #1, I did it first thing in the morning, even in the shower and I smoked every night after, but I think it led me to correct path finally, including this forum. The important thing is to realize that’s quit smoking is really what you want to do and there is no other option. You mentioned in one of NOPEs before that our emotions are good servants but not masters, that’s the idea of this technique, for our emotions and brain to serve us. Anyway, below is the link for you to try. 

https://youtu.be/faTGTgid8Uc

oxanquits

May-14

Beautiful tree , to sit under and enjoy the calm water and views.

Jatchat

May-14

I did that exactly this morning on my photoshoot. Take care Oxana, great video

boylant22

May-15

Hi Anthony,

Beautiful picture.  Glad to hear you are healing well and crushing expectations on rehabbing it!  Pledging NOPE with you today!

Congrats on your newest commitment to victory!  

Jatchat

May-15

Hi Boylant,

Thank you thank you thank you, you sound in good spirit. Heading out of day 2 into day 3 soon, been for a good walk today, just getting ready to have some tea, keep up the great quit you have going there.

Kind regards

Anthony

blackbird912

May-15

I am with you Anthony.  I am with all of you who want to continue to be nicotine free.  Those stinky white burning sticks put a fear in me that I would not be able to live without them.  Weird how much fear played on my brain each and every time I quit.  I hope I am past this cigarette smoking. I know the fear is gone and I am truly in the recovering addict.  No temptation here.  NOPE!    I like being me without a cigarette.  And soon I hope to bring about more positive changes in my life.
Chris

Eve1973

May-15

I’m going to join all of you in saying NOPE today! Boy it’s been a rough ride this week. 

Last night was another Nicodemon test and I passed with flying colors.....some days I miss it, but other days I’m great full that I no longer indulge! The money alone is amazing! So if you are having a tough time, remember or read WHY you wanted to quit and take that deep breath and hear the calm!

oxanquits

May-15

blackbird912 said:

soon I hope to bring about more positive changes in my life.

yay that’s amazing how quitting is just a start heart_eyes you have the power Chris

• Edited May 15, 2021 5:32 pm  by  oxanquits
blackbird912

May-15

You read me well.