About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rough day   General Chit-Chat

Started May-24 by rubyfreshair; 190 views.
rubyfreshair

May-24

Anybody else having a tough day?  Day 26 - NOPE. Don't want a smoke - just want to feel better!!

Loreficent

May-24

You can do it Ruth. Some days just kind of suck. You don’t want to go back and just wish you were where you are now, right? Right. Carry on. Stay in the moment. Do something kind for yourself. Not sure what time zone you’re in, but it is evening here. Maybe a nice bath, cup of cocoa, good book under the covers. Just let the day go. It will be ok. 

rubyfreshair

May-24

Lori - you're psychic.  Just got out of the bath!  Reading a book!  I have one last packet of hot cocoa!  Thanks for responding!!  Here's the very best part of this-If I can get through this (and I can),  I Know there are so many more things I can do.  

If anyone else reads this, I had an epiphany that this is where I show up for myself.  I CAN trust myself to look after myself.  Support, which has always been difficult to ask for, is immeasurable.  And It's a sort of re-parenting exercise.  Yeah, Ruth - you can show up for yourself!  Thank you Thank you, and Thank you.  Thank ME too!

Loreficent

May-25

Exactly. We get through this and come out the other side so much more empowered. Can be hard to see earlier on some days, but it is true. 

I love how you put it too...showing up for yourself, trusting yourself. Yeah...we can, and should, do that.

Hopefully you are now out of cocoa and fast asleep! New day tomorrow. Make it a good one!