About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Friday 28th May 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started May-27 by Jatchat; 312 views.
Jatchat

May-27

I pledge NOPE today

oxanquits

May-27

I pledge NOPE too.

Emily (SamZahav)

May-27

I gratefully pledge NOPE today!  Take it a day at a time - recommit every day - it works!

Emily

Quite date: 2/25/2019

Amicahomi

May-28

Nope  to U  2 ,  Emily, and everyone else   Good to see you here - it'  been  a minute  (as  the kids say).  Congrats on our progress.  I'll be 26 months nicotine free next Tuesday after 40+ years.

Stick with it noobies.  If  I  can  do it  you can.  This forum is particularly helpful.

boylant22

May-28

Finishing the day with a big NOPE!  I am one day away from 90 days and ready to close the book on the icky 3s!

Anne2020

May-31

Well done!  Congrats and a huge pat on the back to you.  You should be so proud of yourself.    Be wary of the 'just one smoke' who may be lurking to pounce and steal your quit away from you.  JUST SAY NOPE every single minute, hour and day to build your wall -  vive la resistance.

Cheers!!! 

boylant22

May-31

Thanks, Anne,

yes, I never want to get too comfortable as I’ve seen how that can go. We always live one cigarette away from being a smoker again. Hope you’re having a great long weekend!

Anne2020

May-31

I am in Canada so not a long weekend for us.  Fortunately, after 17 months quit, it is very easy for me to remind myself that I do not want to go back down that ugly black rabbit hole.  Anytime I see other people smoking or think I might want one, I just remember how it took so many years to finally get to a place where I could and would quit smoking.  Not going back to that again, ever.

Cheers!