About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Shaky pudding   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jun-13 by rabdid; 386 views.
rabdid

Jun-13

Hello all.

I'm a 40 year smoker of cigs and weed. Today is day 3 clean of the smoke. I cant say I'm jonesing for either, but I am one jiggly mess. No appetite, and experiencing extreme emotional volatility.

I've tried this many times before. I hate being addicted, I hate the withdrawals. It's time to stop this madness.

I wish you all the very best in your journey to slay your dragons.

In reply toRe: msg 1
boylant22

Jun-13

Hang in there to just get through the awful 5 day purge from your system. I’m not sure if you are using NRT, but I found it to be a lifesaver in the early days. 

rabdid

Jun-13

Appreciate that. Chomping 4mg gum on my wild emotional rollercoaster.

In reply toRe: msg 3
boylant22

Jun-13

That’s I used as well. I did the 4 mg and am down to 2 mg, still using sparingly at the 110 day mark. The other thing that helped me was lots of ice water. No easy shortcuts for the first few days, but hang on you are almost there!

rabdid

Jun-13

Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement. 110 days...you rock! 

In reply toRe: msg 5
boylant22

Jun-13

It really does get easier with each passing week. I am to the point that I don’t consciously think of it very often anymore. I still have the occasional phantom thought when I get in the car or when I am at the gas station counter purchasing something, but it’s just a thought really anymore and not difficult to dismiss. It really started getting much better for me after the first 30 days, save the occasional “bad day” once in awhile. I never thought I could make it this long, but found it really helped me early to just try to make it through one day at a time. I kept telling myself to just make it through the current day, and if I really, really needed to smoke that I could the next day, and that day I would tell myself the same thing until eventually I just didn’t feel like I wanted to anymore. 

rabdid

Jun-13

30 days...aye carumba.