About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jul-4 by slowblumer; 24534 views.
Lubbercat

Jul-7

Yes, we have to believe we are going to do it!  Such is with the looking at that 3 week mark.  What's even better is that I am at work now and will be leaving with my son for the next 4 days so, I won't be around any smokers at all!  And, my son will have  a fit if I buy any.........I am also now down to the 7 mg patches since Sunday so, day 4 with that and doing okay with it.........

Lubbercat

Jul-7

Good for you.....that first week is rough and the worst of it is those first 3 days.  You are doing this!

xvaper

Jul-7

yes it got better yesterday.. the one day at a time approach seems to work..If I worry about what if I slip i get the cravings so I shut it down when those worries pop up 

xvaper

Jul-7

NY beaches suck so I'm jealous.

Jatchat

Jul-7

Hi Lubbercat

Well done on the three weeks through the second of the icky's, three months waiting for you, I know just one day at a time, Well done on coming down so quick on the patches, I am on 21 mg, and don't intend changing soon, I don't know how you do it? Good luck on your trip, your son sounds like the right sort of guy for this trip.

Jatchat

Jul-7

Here's another one

Crookhaven Heads

xvaper

Jul-7

Oh lovely..though I don’t surf!

Denim50

Jul-8

Anthony, 

Great to hear from you too. Thank you for posting the pictures. They’re beautiful and what a wonderful undertaking, photographing all hundred. I love beaches. I’m sure it’s a terrific distraction for you too. 

Congratulations on getting through that icky third day and almost to the end of your first week smoke free week. relaxed 

I’m so glad the surgery was successful. I hope the pain and any discomfort ease up soon. 

I’m sorry I didn’t get back on here sooner. I made those post and went to attend to something and I told everyone I’d log back in later in the day to continue catching up on the forum and with quit buddies, but as you know that didn’t happen. A friend of ours passed on a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, after I attended to what I needed to do, I received word that his wife (also our friend) had fallen and was taken to the hospital, so naturally I wanted to check on her. I did the same yesterday. Then, yesterday evening, I received a call letting me know one of my cousins had a accident and had been unconscious for a time. Thankfully my cousin’s injuries weren’t as bad as our friend’s injury. So here I am tired but trying to catch up again. I probably won’t catch up on all before needing to at least catch a quick nap. I’m going to try to do some now though and then I’ll take a nap and try again. I hope the others I had been responding to see this also, so they understand. I’m going to cc this to Caz too so that she’ll know. 

I’m going to send you a quick pm saying hello. Please let me know if you get it. A while back the pm’s weren’t working properly. I’m trying to discover if they are now or not. Thanks. 

I want to type more but I can barely keep from falling asleep, so I guess I’d better leave a couple more quick post and log out. 

Talk more soon. Have a good day. 

CC to Cazza2468
  • Edited July 8, 2021 2:33 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Jul-8

Hello DM, 

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on completing your first smoke free week. I hope you treat yourself to something special. You deserve it. 

I’m sorry I didn’t respond sooner. Please read the post I made to Jatchat on this thread for a explanation as to why I didn’t respond sooner, thanks. 

Thank you for your comment about the graphics. These milestones are so important and represent so much. They are definitely worth celebrating and they’re so much to be proud of. 

I see that you didn’t log in yesterday. I hope that this post is accurate and that you have held on to your quit. If you ever feel like you might cave in and smoke please come to the forum first. Please post at least three times before slipping to give someone here a chance to respond, as xvaper did. There’s a lot of support, encouragement, and wonderful quit buddies here to help us as we navigate our smoke free journeys together. I look forward to hearing from you again soon. 

Have a great day. relaxed