About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jul-4 by slowblumer; 28676 views.
xvaper

Aug-31

Thanks Denim, for all the support.

Where are you? Long Island? Is this from the hurricane?

I treated myself to a nice Italian meal with a yummy panna cotta desert.

Support here is vital for my recovery.

It has gone by fast, and looking back at the first two week's craving, I am doing so much better now. Yesterday I dropped my cat for an hypothyroid treatment that will take 4-5 days and I was worried and sad to leave him there in the clinic even though it is not a dangerous treatment. It was uptown and by the time I was driving back to Brooklyn I was hungry too, not a great combination of feelings, and of course a craving showed up, but I talked myself out of it, it wasn't too hard, but I am glad there was no cigarette in front of me at that moment.

I hope with more time under my belt I will lose interest in it altogether. There is no guarantee, and I know it doesn't happen to some people, but a few friends of mine who quit are disgusted by the idea of smoking themselves. They don't like the smell or taste. They don't preach ,they just don't want to smoke at all.

Denim50

Sep-7

Hey xvaper, 

No, it wasn’t from Ida, though we did get more rain from it as it moved up. I read your other post and was so glad to read that you and your neighborhood were all safe. 

I’ve also seen your two lovely stars and dot. It’s wonderful to think you’ll be celebrating yet another week soon. 

I’m so happy to read that you talked yourself through that craving. Things really will continue to get better, as you said, with more time under your belt. There is a rare occasional moment where a fleeting thought might still cross the mind but it’s easily dismissed and life goes on. So keep going, you’re doing great and better days are coming. relaxed 

It’s so great to see you posting, encouraging newbies, supporting quit-buddies and others, and reaching out for help and support when you need it. I love that you’re so active here. Staying active on the forum is a great help to others and to ourselves during cessation. It’s one of the amazing things I loved about this forum when I first joined, that we all get through it together helping, supporting, and encouraging each other. 

I hope you’re having a wonderful start to the week. I have to go take care of some business but we’ll talk again soon. 

Have a great day. 

xvaper

Sep-7

Thank Denim, yes it's important to stay on top of it. I have a weak moment now and again but I handle it well so far, and being on here reminds me of how easy my brain can try to trick me. Thanks for all the support, and see you on here soon!

Denim50

Sep-10

Hey xvaper, 

Coming up on 11 weeks soon is amazing! You really are doing wonderfully. That third month will be here soon so watch out for that as those threes can sometimes be a bit tricky, not so for everyone but certainly some, so just something to be aware of. However, I have no doubt that you’ll traverse that just as you have every other obstacle, with both strength and determination. 

I took care of all the business I needed to attend to for now and, yay, I intend (fingers crossed) on having a relaxing weekend at home. I have to take care of a bit more Monday and then Tuesday I’ll be traveling a little. Right now I’m just aiming on enjoying a stress free weekend. What about you, do you have any special plans for the weekend? However you spend it, I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend too. relaxed 

I’m going to do some more post around the forum today, so I’ll write more here a little later too. I’m also going to grab a bite to eat soon. Talk more in a little bit though. 

Have a great day. 

Hugs. 

• Edited September 10, 2021 12:47 pm  by  Denim50
xvaper

Sep-10

Hi Denim,

Thanks for checking in. My first quit I relapsed after 5 months, so I know its never safe especially in the beginning, therefore I intend to not let that happen again. I am using this weekend to do some personal projects I am working on. What I am looking forward to is me going to LA and SF on the 23rd for two weeks. I'm going to rent a car while I'm there , go to Santa Monica,  and SWIM!!

Denim50

Sep-12

Hey xvaper, 

That sounds wonderful! I hope you have a safe and fun filled trip. relaxed 

I’m glad you’re enjoying the weekend too. 

Have a great day. 

xvaper

Sep-12

Thank you! 

In reply toRe: msg 317
xvaper

Sep-16

How are my fellow July group is doing?

I am nicotine free 2.5 months.

Cravings subsided a lot since, some days I don't think about it at all. However it can still get you, I had a crazy craving yesterday after a trigger. I did not give in to it, no way was I going to poison myself again.

Anyone wants to share your experiences?

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-23

Enjoy California!!!  Nice reward for all your hard work!