About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jul-4 by slowblumer; 24951 views.
Denim50

Jul-8

Anthony, 

Great to hear from you too. Thank you for posting the pictures. They’re beautiful and what a wonderful undertaking, photographing all hundred. I love beaches. I’m sure it’s a terrific distraction for you too. 

Congratulations on getting through that icky third day and almost to the end of your first week smoke free week. relaxed 

I’m so glad the surgery was successful. I hope the pain and any discomfort ease up soon. 

I’m sorry I didn’t get back on here sooner. I made those post and went to attend to something and I told everyone I’d log back in later in the day to continue catching up on the forum and with quit buddies, but as you know that didn’t happen. A friend of ours passed on a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, after I attended to what I needed to do, I received word that his wife (also our friend) had fallen and was taken to the hospital, so naturally I wanted to check on her. I did the same yesterday. Then, yesterday evening, I received a call letting me know one of my cousins had a accident and had been unconscious for a time. Thankfully my cousin’s injuries weren’t as bad as our friend’s injury. So here I am tired but trying to catch up again. I probably won’t catch up on all before needing to at least catch a quick nap. I’m going to try to do some now though and then I’ll take a nap and try again. I hope the others I had been responding to see this also, so they understand. I’m going to cc this to Caz too so that she’ll know. 

I’m going to send you a quick pm saying hello. Please let me know if you get it. A while back the pm’s weren’t working properly. I’m trying to discover if they are now or not. Thanks. 

I want to type more but I can barely keep from falling asleep, so I guess I’d better leave a couple more quick post and log out. 

Talk more soon. Have a good day. 

CC to Cazza2468
  • Edited July 8, 2021 2:33 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Jul-8

Hello DM, 

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on completing your first smoke free week. I hope you treat yourself to something special. You deserve it. 

I’m sorry I didn’t respond sooner. Please read the post I made to Jatchat on this thread for a explanation as to why I didn’t respond sooner, thanks. 

Thank you for your comment about the graphics. These milestones are so important and represent so much. They are definitely worth celebrating and they’re so much to be proud of. 

I see that you didn’t log in yesterday. I hope that this post is accurate and that you have held on to your quit. If you ever feel like you might cave in and smoke please come to the forum first. Please post at least three times before slipping to give someone here a chance to respond, as xvaper did. There’s a lot of support, encouragement, and wonderful quit buddies here to help us as we navigate our smoke free journeys together. I look forward to hearing from you again soon. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

Jatchat

Jul-8

I got your pm, and responded, hope you get it, Heading towards the 4th day completed, I have not been troubled to much with cravings, the patch and NRT seems to keep it under control, did my exercises this morning and then headed out to the beach, it was still dark, before sunrise it's about half an hours run out to the beach in the car, I am happy with our car, I bought it second hand and so far it is reliable. anyway I digress, I arrived at the headland and walked about a Kilometre down and along the beach to get a view of where I thought the sun was going to rise, it paid off, I'll have to go on my photography laptop to retrieve the photo, I'll edit this post and upload one.

Sorry to hear of your loss, and I hope your friend and cousin recover quickly. I lost both of my parents within two years of one another, 2017  and 2019, It leaves a bit of a hole.

Kind regards, that's is an awesome quit you have there

Anthony

• Edited July 8, 2021 5:13 am  by  Jatchat
troymcclure1

Jul-8

sorry to hear :( and very appreciating your effort!

DM2021

Jul-8

Denim50, thank you so much for the celebration!!!

Yes, although I did not sign in,  and may not everyday, I am still smoke free and planned to stay that way for the duration!!

I have to take care of so many medical issues right now that are related to smoking for many years.  

You have a great day as well and so sorry to hear about your loss.

oxanquits

Jul-8

Anthony, I love the sunrise picture. I know it takes a lot of effort to see sun rising, you have to wake up early, find right spot and so on, I admire you :) Also the one with surfer, you’re blessed to live close to the ocean! I hope you enjoy those moments while dealing with the quit!

Jatchat

Jul-8

It takes my mind off the quit, and helps me focus on the moment, it is a special part of the day, thanks for your kind comments

Denim50

Jul-8

A day late but, huge congratulations on getting through that third week and moving toward your first smoke free month.  

Denim50

Jul-8

DM, 

You’re very welcome. You’ve earned it and we’re all so happy for you. Quitting isn’t easy but you’re doing it and that’s a lot to be proud of and celebrated. 

Thank you. Today seemed to be a extension of yesterday to a certain degree. 

Cazza2468

Jul-9

Hi Denim

so sorry to hear of all the dramas happening in your life right now. I’m sure things can only improve from now on

its always lovely to hear from you.  I’m going to ring Suzy tonight and see how she is travelling. 
my new puppy is trouble mostly. I wanted this lovely little cute puppy to sit with me in the evenings but instead I got this bites puppy that drives me mad at times.  The puppy has improved but I have signed her up to a dog whisperer who I hope can help us LOL

hope you are enjoying your summer

Caz