About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Friday 9th July 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Jul-8 by Jatchat; 442 views.
Jatchat

Jul-8

I pledge NOPE today

xvaper

Jul-8

I join you! well done for day 5!

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jatchat

Jul-8

Yes completed Day 4, into day 5, thank you for your support, I am reading Alexandras story (posts), they are very enlightening, She has a lot going on that girl. 

You must be heading for day 10 soon, am I right, if so well done, 10 days seems to be my limit, (recent history) Hope you power through it, I should be exercising and having a shower and going out to take photos but I am having a quiet morning this morning reading posts.

oxanquits

Jul-8

I pledge nope for tomorrow Friday,

being kind to ourselves is the key early on the quit, enjoy your morning!

xvaper

Jul-8

You can go beyond 10 days, try not to think of that number :)

I really really do not want to start smoking again, it is so bad for our bodies and minds. I have to do it for life this time.

I'm sure you feel the same..

Jatchat

Jul-8

Yes self criticism and negative talk is what I have to watch for, be ever mindful I keep telling myself and being kind to yourself is part of the territory

In reply toRe: msg 5
Jatchat

Jul-8

Thanks xvaper, I believe I am going to make it this time, spoke to quit line yesterday and they were very encouraging

overdoze

Jul-9

Pledging nope with everyone here. No more cigs, not even cheating with one. 

Yeah Anthony you will make it, find a compelling vision to stay the course.. Like you had wrote exercising, thats a pretty compelling vision..

Jatchat

Jul-9

Overdoze wrote

No more cigs, not even cheating with one. 

No more cigs that's what I like to hear, mate we've been through so much dilly dallying about our quits it's time we took a firm stand.

We will do it, we are doing it.