About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

$10,000 saved    General Chit-Chat

Started Jul-12 by Anne2020; 638 views.
Anne2020

Jul-12

Saved $10,044.00  - 588 days not buying smokes.  

Eve1973

Jul-12

Wow that’s GREAT!

Did you actually save it, is it in an account or did you use for more “Fun” things?

Anne2020

Jul-12

I wish I could have saved it.  I used it on everyday living - Covid19 has struck my household financially.  Thankful to have had the extra savings.  Maybe I will save the next $10,000 for something nice.    I love the idea of buying a piece of jewelry to remind me of this accomplishment. 

Cheers!

• Edited July 12, 2021 3:44 pm  by  Anne2020
Eve1973

Jul-12

Yes I just bought something “cheap”, but I like it. It works for me! I bought a new SUV so I’m happy with that.

Covid didn’t effect my household like it did for many….financially anyway. I lost out on OVERTIME but still had a job so was grateful.

Hope things are better, and even if you Squirrel away $20.00 a week, it’s probably still less than what you spent on cigs a week! I know I spent like $74.00. Then you can save!

xvaper

Jul-14

Even though I read about it from other members here, I never really calculated the money I spent on cigarette and vaping. But it's pretty amazing when you start to calculate. And I was PAYING to poison myself.

I know someone who's friend is a tobacco company executive. This relatively young executive is a health nut, exercises all the time and would never smoke himself, and his attitude is that smokers are adults who choose to smoke, its legal to sell cigarettes, and if people want to spend their money on it, he will sell it to them. these are the people who's salary and bonus we are paying for.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Cocoa60

Aug-3

I bought a new Subaru back in 2007 when I stopped, still have it and going strong.

Don't know how much saved on no cigs but the pain and medical that it would

cause is much more.

xvaper

Aug-3

I don't even know how much I am saving, because I used to vape, then I rolled tobacco, so it is not like calculating how many packs a day. But whatever it is, it cost a lot. So good riddens!