About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

14 YEARS FOR KITTY   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Jul-12 by Kittyarnold; 854 views.
Kittyarnold

Jul-12

I never ever in my wildest dreams  thought I would posting this...smoked for   55yrs and am surprised that I was able to quit and stay quit....there were moments of course that I am sure you have all experienced....and you just keep going forward...I am so grateful that I found this group....someone was always either in the same place or right there with the right words and great suggestions...I know my husband is more grateful then many...because he doesn't have to live in a smoke filled house....etc....plus he will have me longer then either he or all my kids expected.....that makes me happy too..we have 5 kids and..have 8 grands 4 with spouses....3 greats and one on the way....they are all boys and we will soon have  a new great grandaughter due in August....I'm sure that if I were still smoking I wouldn't see them that much....so very much to gain and be happy about the time I have gained....I will turn 84 later this month and therefore I can get away with saying ....IF I CAN DO THIS ANYONE CAN.  I never wanted to hear those words...it seemed insulting before... now? I see it as encouragement...stick with your journey...you can succeed 

Eve1973

Jul-12

That’s awesome Kitty! Congratulations your journey is inspiring! Bet you are so happy to have this time with your family! Enjoy!

I’m early in my journey,….. but maybe one day be able to say EXACTLY the same thing! Cheers

Denim50

Jul-12

Congratulations Kitty! Fourteen years smoke free, a birthday coming up, and a great-granddaughter on the way. You truly have a lot of wonderful reasons to celebrate. Congratulations to you on all of them. I hope you have a very Happy Birthday later this month. Thank you for staying around the forum and continuing to be a inspiration to others who quit after you. Have a great day. 
Hugs. 

xvaper

Jul-13

Very encouraging. Thanks Kitty!

Cazza2468

Jul-14

Congratulations Kitty. It is an amazing achievement.  
caz

Kittyarnold

Jul-14

Thanks Caz....

Jatchat

Jul-14

Congratulations Kitty! The dust has well and truly settled on your quit, well done!

Kind regards

Anthony 

Kittyarnold

Jul-14

thank you Anthony....how far are you on the journey?  I wish you well

Jatchat

Jul-14

Just 10 days in.

Kittyarnold

Jul-14

when I hit 10 days I was surprised that I still wasn't smoking....keep on keeping on...