About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Wednesday 21st July 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Jul-20 by Jatchat; 462 views.
Jatchat

Jul-20

I  Pledge NOPE today

Kind regards

Anthony 

Ovivi

Jul-21

I pledge Not One Puff Ever today, with great humility and love for life.

May everyone who fights the good fight have peace today.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Eve1973

Jul-21

Hi Wendy, 

I saw you are almost 2 years…..I’m almost a year and half, and still at times feel like a fraud. Are you A LOT BETTER? Do you still have thoughts/craves? 

Im joining you in pledging NOPE……it’s a tough addiction, some days better than others….. but keep the faith. Everyone is different so you may be much better than I.

xvaper

Jul-21

Hey everyone, I am pledging NOPE with you today. Anthony, you are doing so well, keep it up!

CC to Jatchat
In reply toRe: msg 4
Jatchat

Jul-22

Thanks Xvaper, your leading the way

Kind regards

Anthony 

Ovivi

Jul-23

Hi Eve,

First I’d like to congratulate you on being smoke free over a year. That’s no small accomplishment! Woohoo you!

I know what you mean about feeling like a fraud. I still have occasional feelings that I would KILL for a cigarette. You are definitely not alone.The good thing is that as time passes, you have reinforced so many times the knowledge that it passes, that old feeling of desire, and you remember how gross and unhealthy and weak smoking can make you feel.

And then you are grateful you can go about your life most days without even a thought of wanting to smoke. 

All the best to you! You’re doing the hard thing and the right thing.

• Edited July 23, 2021 6:28 pm  by  Ovivi