About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2 years   General Chit-Chat

Started Jul-23 by sweetstuff76; 689 views.
sweetstuff76

Jul-23

I reached a milestone I never thought I would . It has been my first quit and  cold turkey and it’s taken some determination . I’m still feeling benefits as I continue on my journey but my body also hated it initially so it was tough during the first year . Not sure who else in our quit month is still smoke free , we didn’t really have a support group for our month with very few of us but I do hope you all are joining me in the 2 year milestone .

quit July 23rd 2019 

alreadysick

Jul-23

I made it to the 2 yr. mark as well. Couldn't log in under 4Quitness, so I have to use this negative name. 

It has been a very long and rough journey. Unfortunately, I have never found that peace that many have spoken of. It is easier than it was starting out, but I still want to smoke every single day. I will not do it though, as if I go back to smoking I would be signing my own death sentence. My COPD has stayed stable, and I remain medication-free so far. Just had another lung CT scan this week. There are still a few small nodules but nothing concerning right now.

I'm really glad you're still smoke-free, and I knew you could do it. Stay strong!

Michele

oxanquits

Jul-27

Congratulations both  

Wow you still want to smoke, that’s good to know haha.

Wishing you lots of smoke free years to

come!

Oksana, 12.03.21

I also made it 2 years. It wasn't easy but I did it!!  Hope you doing well.  I am from July 2019 quit group!!

I also made it 2 years. It wasn't easy but I did it!!  Hope you doing well.  I am from July 2019 quit group!!  From one quiter to another quiter  to this very day when I see someone smoking I sink!!  Just like a delicious meal. I want one!!!  Thought I would let you know you are not alone!!  We made it two years congrats to you!!!

Anne2020

Aug-24

CONGRATULATIONS ALL OF YOU.  Cheers and happy days to you.  I am 20 months Sept 1 and so looking forward to 2 years.  My breathing hasn't really improved and I put on some unwanted weight but I don't cough as much as I used to.  Still, I am hoping that I will see more improvements after 2 years.  Please allow me to send you some lovely flowers in honor of your 2 years milestone. 

50 Flowers With Surprising Meanings - Meanings of Flowers

Oh thank you how beautiful.  Yes my breathing is a bit better but I also have gained weight.  Trying to loose the pounds now. The extra weight is causing the shortness of breath right now.  My cough is gone.   I didn't realize I coughed so much.  So now I have started focusing on weight loss!!  Best wishes to you on your up coming anniversary 

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-25

Congrats to all of you!!!  That is a huge milestone!