About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/1/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 56224 views.
Lubbercat

8/5/21

The fish actually belong to my son and he recently lost quite a few........a couple are algae eaters and one is some type of zebra fish.........they really are more work then most realize.........I think we need to get a better filter to eliminate some of the work.

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling up to par but, as long as you are getting better each day that is the good news.  There is a lot of things that started going around after people stopped wearing masks.......lack of being around to all those normal bugs so now the immune system has to relearn those bugs also.

I really love redecorating my home but, it is a lot of work and a huge mess.

Not smoking with a spouse that smokes is really rough and I have to be strong by the end of September when we will be taking our first vacation in 19 years alone.........and it will be a 12 day vacation!  Have to be ready for that but, hopefully all the walking and everything will keep my mind off the smoking part

Denim50

8/5/21

Caz, 

My dear friend, thank you so much. relaxed  

How about one of those fabulous meat and cheese trays we’re all so fond of, and some delicious chocolaty dessert. My waistline probably won’t like it much, and my cholesterol levels would probably hate it, but my tastebuds will love every scrumptious bite, lol. Umm..yummy! blush 

I can’t wait to celebrate your year and a half milestone with you! I’m so happy for you! I wish Suzy would pop in for it too and I hope Anthony is there also, along with some of our other quit-buddies. You deserve a big celebration and we always have such fun. 

Party in the Feb. thread, I wouldn’t miss it. Thank you Caz. See you there soon. 

Have a great day.  

CC to JatchatSuzy2018
isabella1759

8/5/21

Yes, Its silly that we do these things, on our birthdays,like we earn it or something! I can tell you something, it wasnt worth it. All that clean time. But thank God we can begin again. Some ppl don't get a second chance, like us! Talk about stinkin thinkin, I was watching a Doc. Last night about ppl who live to be a 100 or more in Ireland, and there was a women on there who was 102, who was still smoking, she looked great and I thought Hmmmm, I wonder...  lol, tells you how evil this addiction is. She is probably 1 in a million,who got away with smoking that long,  I'm not taken any more chances like that.. I know its only been 2 days, but I feel like a big boulder has been lifted off my back, I knew I wasnt going to continue to smoke, I just didn't know when I was going to stop. Now that I made that decision to putt out, the work begins! Did u look for that Smoke free app  w the green heart for your phone, it really helped me all though my first quitting time as well as this forum.. take care .. and remember ...

No matter what,Not another puff! 

isabella1759

8/5/21

Thank you for your kind words!

Lubbercat

8/6/21

Isabella

No, I did not have time last night to look for the app.........I am bad about getting home, doing dinner, then busy cleaning/working on the house.....and try not to be on my phone at work.

I know it has run through my mind more then once that it sucks how some people can live such an unhealthy life and go on for years with no problems, then there is me with 1 bad habit and it is killing me at a young age!  Who knows, maybe quitting will let me live for a long time to come.

On to another day at work.  At least tonight, we are going to a baseball game where there will be no smoking in the stadium.  

I really want to be able to enjoy my vacation the end of next month.........doing lots of research and planning.  Just have to not smoke while I am there and I will seldom have cell service so nothing is going to help

isabella1759

8/7/21

Happy Saturday Everyone!

5 days under my belt, had a couple strong cravings,but got through them alright! At one of the cravings, I thought I could start/stop again, anytime I wanted!  As soon as I thought that, I said" No, it's the addict talking, you have stopped and you're going to stay stopped!" Stay safe and remember "No matter what, not another puff!"

Jatchat

8/8/21

I had a quiet day Sat and Sun' Going to a neighbouring village today with my camera club, should be full of thrills, climbing up a creek bed to a waterfall...

I have had a few tempting craves over the weekend but was strong enough to resist

freckled1968

8/9/21

I join you in pledging nope.have a good day

Jatchat

8/9/21

Great, have a good day too

Lubbercat

8/9/21

Isabella

We should be coming up on the end of a week today?????  I am sorry I have been no good to anyone over the weekend.  Sounds like you stayed strong?  I went to the game on Friday night and have spent the remainder of the weekend starting to try to put my house back in order from getting the floors done.  We had 1 room left to return furniture to and then all the little stuff and cleaning out cabinets, etc.  I spent the entire weekend sorting through stuff and still not done but, farther then I was.  I did NOT smoke though!

I will actually hit a week at the end of today.  Can't say I did not have a few cravings over the weekend.  Friday night at the ball game was the worst but, made it through and that is what matters most.