About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-1 by Terry (abquitsmking); 27289 views.
Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-26

Good Morning Lubbercat!

yes, i get in my moods at times...and really kinda beat myself up...and i do feel very lonely at times...this pandemic isnt helping that.  Most folks I know smoke...but there are a couple that dont..I guess as smokers we tend to group together! LOL  Guess that is why this forum works!  it is made up of ex smokers!  or soon to be ones!  

I really like this forum...and like connecting with folks...but i have my moods where i just dont want to talk about it!  LOL go figure!  

oh whether you are fat or skinny, pretty or ugly, gifted or like me useless!  it doesnt matter!  it is what is on the inside that counts...

Hugs!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-26

YAY!!  on the not smoking!!!  I had some pretty rough dreams...smoking ones!  it was soooo real...that i when i woke up..was a bit confused!  Today is my 3 week mark! 

I need to go through my clothes too!  I have been wearing nothing but shorts, PJS, leggings...during this pandemic...it is all about comfort!  LOL  I wore jeans the other day...and hated it!  

Be kind to yourself today!  Change is about the baby steps and patience!

Hugs

Anne2020

Aug-26

I remember when I had smoking dreams.  I would wake up so disappointed in myself and then realize, oh wow, it was just a dream.  Oh thank goodness it was just a dream. Gosh darn that was so real. I had to really check myself because it seemed to real.

I was so happy it was just a dream it made me realize how awful I would feel I actually did smoke.   Phew, 

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-26

Exactly!!!  took me a minute and yes very happy it was just a dream!  

Lubbercat

Aug-26

Diana

I think a lot of this just connects together.  You know, I was never good enough/pretty enough/skinny enough to hang out with the "in crowd" at school and it has kind of carried into my adult hood with beating myself up when I gain weight!  So, of course, cleaning out my closet I had to get rid of all those size 2 and most of the size 4 pants........I actually weigh more now then I did even when I was pregnant and just really beating myself up.

Then on top of that, had a friend cancel on me for the 3rd time!  She is supposed to be coming over to help me with some crafts (I need a finger for tying knots)..........so, just kind of all tumbled together!

I think we all should go out and buy ourselves some new clothes anyways!  Then, getting rid of the old won't be so hard.

As for the dreams, I remember having some that I was so convinced I had smoked I could taste it.  Fortunately, those were very random!  YAY for you on 3 weeks.  Are you celebrating?  You deserve it!

Kathie61

Aug-26

My name is Kathie. Today I have 3 weeks off of cigs, but I'm still hearing that voice in my head saying just one more. I know the nicotine is out of my system. How do I get it out of my head?  It actually seems to cause physical cravings. Mostly triggers, on the phone, with morning coffee...

Lubbercat

Aug-26

Kathie

Welcome to the forum and congrats on 3 weeks off the smokes!

Yes, we all have a rough time getting rid of those voices and especially on those icky 3's.......3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months but, just know if you hang tight, it does get better.  

I hit my three weeks on Tuesday  morning and I have had a couple of bad spells this week also.  Try reading a lot of these articles and read through the conversations here in the August thread and you will see that many of us have struggled around this time

Anne2020

Aug-26

I would talk back at the voice, telling it that it is wrong, one more smoke is not ok, cigs travel in packs and you (voice in my head) are only trying to get  me hooked again.  I would even end up yelling at that voice, out loud while I was driving.  At one point, I was observed and I am sure the person thought I was a loonie. 

Tell that voice to *(&(^*& off, you are not going back to smoking, not even one.   Stamp My Feet GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Edited August 26, 2021 3:01 pm  by  Anne2020
oxanquits

Aug-26

Hi Kathie,

Don’t let it in, the ideas will come, but if you decide they are not welcome anymore, they will not bother you. Decide that it’s not an option, if you really believe in it all of those cravings will pass no matter what happens in or out. The thought and belief is we’re it starts. Change your mind and it will change your behavior. Might sound lame, but it works, think you really can make this quit stick and it will stick. You’ve made the hardest job already, 3 weeks is huge!
Hugs.

Oksana, quit 12/03/21

• Edited August 26, 2021 4:48 pm  by  oxanquits
Anne2020

Aug-26

I totally agree with you Oksana

Your mind is your greatest ally - change your mind and everything becomes much simpler.

There is a good article on the subject in this forum but I can never find it when I want to refer to it.  Perhaps someone here can re-post the link for it.     

Cheers!