About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-1 by Terry (abquitsmking); 36437 views.
xvaper

Sep-13

Congratulation Diana on 5 weeks, big accomplishment, you earned a star and a dot!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-13

Howdy!

Yesterday...i was still very emotional..and did just take the day to myself!  Definitely needed!

Aint much on the agenda this week...we are meeting with the attorney regarding the lawsuit..and this weekend...going to head over to Seneca County for the kickoff of a new Geotrail (geocaching)  am looking forward to it!

What are you up to?

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-13

Thanks  Dont have any dot pics LOL

Denim50

Sep-13

Hey Diana, 

I’m glad to hear that everything went beautifully and that you took some time for yourself. I know how difficult it be when a parent passes on. Both of mine did years ago. Still miss them tremendously.  

I have heard of geocaching before but have not ever participated. I hope you discover them all and have a relaxing and fun time enjoying the day out. 

It’s GREAT to see your star back up again! relaxed 

As to your comment about a dot.. The link to Dusty’s dots, stars, and keys that we used in ‘18 quit working, so in ‘19 Alex (Alexisfree) and I put up numerous ones for members to choose from and use. To find them, look at the forum menu under the heading ‘Dots and Stars Milestones’. Click ‘Dots and Stars Graphics Instructions’. Scroll down the message and click ‘Dots! Stars! Keys!’ and there you are. Also, just like before, if you have a paid subscription you can follow the instructions and if not you can simply save it to your device, then ‘copy and paste’ it to your post. Also, when going through the links, remember to click ‘View Full Message’ in order to see all information, options, and choices available. As before too, you can create your own if you choose or find one that’s available to use on the internet. Whatever your choice, I look forward to seeing it. 

Have a great day. 

Lubbercat

Sep-13

Diana

Good to hear you took some time for YOU......we all need that time, especially when losing someone so close to us.

I am in the final packing stages for my trip up the east coast.  Been 3 years since my last real vacation so, looking forward to getting away for a while!

Denim50

Sep-13

Hey Lubbercat, 

I wanted to go ahead and post this so you could go ahead and see it. Congratulations on another week!  I hope you have a terrific time on your vacation. Best wishes. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

Hugs. 

Lubbercat

Sep-13

Denim

Thank you , thank you , and thank you........I so appreciate you remembering my 6 weeks! 

I hope I can hold on through the 12 days of vacation.......I have lots of plans in place but, I know it will be hard being with my husband (a smoker) non stop for that long.  I am sticking with the fact that I have options planned when it gets to hard!

Denim50

Sep-13

Hey Lubbercat, 

Your very welcome, so proud of you! You have a lot to be proud of in yourself too! I’m so happy to hear you’ve made plans and given yourself options to help you. It’s so important that we have those handy. I’m going to post a article here. The questions this article poses may also be something you might want to take along with you. Anyway, I wish you both a safe and happy trip and tons of fun. I’m sure we all can’t wait to hear about your amazing vacation when you get back. Again, congratulations! You can do this. relaxed 

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-13

Awe thanks!!  I encourage everyone to geocache...it is a great hobby...

Thank you for the direction on how to find the dots...am still trying to figure things out...apparently i default on unread messages.....

As far as my parents, i may be 60...but i feel lost as an orphan!  I still to this day...havent listened to the voicemails...my dad sent to me...i have them...but usually when he called...i just called him back....or went over to his town...we lived about 20 miles apart..

I am including a pic of one of my dad's tribute table...we broke it down between military  and  his regular life...

_pic on wall ...not my dad!  Those are regular VFW stuff...

Anyway....my kids are trying to message me...so somebody must need a babysitter!

Hugs!

Diana

One month, one week, one day, 3 hours, 54 minutes and 42 seconds. 2349 cigarettes not smoked, saving $587.44. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 3 hours, 45 minutes.

Lubbercat

Sep-14

Diana

The tribute table is beautiful! 

That feeling like an orphan, I fear never goes away.  I lost my mother 12 years ago and my father 26 years ago.......seems like a lifetime and other days feels like it was yesterday.  I am trying to make the time to research my family and where they came from but feel very disconnected still.  I don't think we are meant to ever heal from losing our parents, I think we just learn to live with it.........

Hope you had fun if you ended up babysitting?  Best times are with the grands!

Hugs