About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-1 by Terry (abquitsmking); 36423 views.
In reply toRe: msg 408
Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-29

Trying to figure out...who is still with me on this journey!  Lubber...are you back from vacay...did you manage to survive the challenge of being cooped up with the hubby...as he puffed away?  Freckles...pretty sure you and xvaper are July....but checking in!  

I think the hardest part in this journey...is watching others around us...give in...and fade away here on this board...or ghost...some keep trying...but that in itself says something about the addiction...and i always have to remember...this is just like a heroin junkie...while my addiction has never caused me to rob or injure someone...it has caused me at points to make some really questionable decisions and shameful moments...like digging through trash...for smokeable butts...or may not have milk or bread...but you know going to venture out in middle of blizzard...to get cigarettes...may be why i got to the point...i bought smokes by the carton...and would start to get that antsy feeling...when i was down to my last couple packs...this WAS me....not anymore...I remember smoking and hating it at times...as could feel it robbing me of my life...and is was!!  ..it wasnt my friend...it wasnt making me feel any better...it was a dysfunctional abusive relationship at best...and yet...i stayed...chained...only to find i wasnt really chained in a dungeon...it was in my head...and i held the key...to let myself be free

tomorrow is my 8 week mark!  woohoo!  

freckled1968

Sep-30

Hi Diana, I’m still here. Don’t post much but do check in most days but it’s pretty quiet round here. Seems September folder is a little busier. I’m just over 10 weeks now. Do still have thoughts throughout the day but nothing I can’t handle. I’ve been trying to give up booze as well these last 6 weeks so a lot of my energy has been going into that. Also settling my very anxious daughter into uni. Glad you seem to be doing well and congrats on 8 weeks, that’s fantastic!

freckles xx

Lubbercat

Sep-30

Diana

YAY YOU for that 8 week mark!  I hit 8 weeks this past Tuesday morning and thought about you as I hit 271 on my way home that day.  Spent the remainder of Tuesday and all day Wednesday doing laundry and went out and got my kitchen flooring for the husband to start working on!

There were times during the trip that was really hard but, I stayed the course and did not smoke.  

I also am diagnosed with emphysema and that is so scary to me, I am only 55.  Hopefully, I am on a path that will let me live to see at least 65.

Anything to celebrate your 2 months?

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-30

Hey Lubbercat!  

YAY!  You survived your vacation!!!!  WTG on the 8 week mark!  it is weird how weeks and months work different...LOL on OCT 5th..will be my 2 month mark...and will also be my 20th wedding anniversary...so we are going to go over to Fort Wayne for sushi!  So did you celebrate?

Really having to stick to the budget this month....as the new painters are starting...they were supposed to be here today...but guess we are next in the cue...LOL

Aint much going on...been doing alot of the weeding...and the normal household stuff!

Anyway....any plans for the weekend?

Lubbercat

Oct-1

Diana

Yes, I will actually hit the 2 months on the 3rd, Sunday!

Congratulations on your 2 month and on your 20th wedding anniversary.  Calls for a huge celebration!  Well, I think buying my kitchen floor will be considered my 2 month celebration, even though I bought it a little early and it won't be finished till after.  As for my 8 week celebration, McDonalds breakfast on my drive home from vacation.  And, my 20th wedding anniversary would have been my trip out west with my son and husband!  I believe in celebrating every day of life!  Sticking to a budget is what will pay for the cabinet paint that I still need to buy for my kitchen and I still need to get a backsplash that I like and hardware!  All expensive but, not even close to what the flooring cost.

This weekend, I will take stuff down in the kitchen and wash and pack all that away temporarily, scrub down the cabinets to prepare those for painting, weed the garden (not much to do there) and trim the roses......not quite ready to plant the bulbs, might wait another 2 weeks for that.  Just mostly the normal daily stuff but, we will see, might find some time for something fun.

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-2

Hey Lubbercat!  

Woohoo on your 2 month mark...tomorrow.  Normally, I would be all about splurging...and spoiling myself...but we now have the new contractors who are repairing the damage the previous painters did...and prepping the house the correct way to be painted...and so...there goes my budget!  house cant be pressurewashed again...because of the damage...so they have to sand it...(the previous owners of this house...never did that...they just painted over everything...so there is like 4 different colors)  

Enjoy your kitchen project!  I need to redo mine...but that is not at the top of the list!  LOL 

Lubbercat

Oct-4

Diana

Fortunately, we have the vinyl siding so pressure washing is about the only thing I need to do on that!  

Kitchen is coming along great!  Floor is almost completed (that will be done tonight), and old backsplash needs to come down.  I did a lot of cleaning over the weekend to prep the walls for painting that I plan to do Thursday evening after work..........by then, all that will be left is cabinets a fresh coat of paint and the backsplash.

2 Months down, 9 weeks tomorrow morning!  You should hit your two months tomorrow?

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-4

Morning!

Since Facebook, Instagram is down...thought I would come over here and get caught up!  LOL  Yep...tomorrow is my two month mark...so excited about that...but prepping mentally for that 3 month mark...

I wish we could have done vinyl siding...but with the size of our house...and the fact that the second and third floors all have decorative old school design...was told it couldnt be done..because of the curvatures...or it would all have to be custom done piece by piece..maybe should go play the Powerball!  

I am sure your kitchen is going to look fabulous...since we bought this place...havent made many changes..as have been waiting to be inspired....but I know it will happen someday!  

So found out that my dad's cousin's granddaughter..was in DC for the COVID Memorial...and they registered a flag for my dad...thought that was so touching!

Anyhoot...guess i will get some things done!  

Hugs

Diana

Lubbercat

Oct-4

Diana

As for the 3 month mark, I have all the faith in the world that it is going to pass you up without you even noticing, just celebrating it!  Big early congrats on Tomorrow's 2 months, you are doing this one day at a time and deserve a huge reward!

Not being able to do the vinyl siding kind of sucks but, at the same time, I am sure those decorative features look amazing on your house.  My inspiration for the inside of my house comes from 23 years of living there, 7 kids living in/out/back and forth, the majority of the 20 grand kids have lived in my house at some point, my mother and mother in-law have lived in my house, my sister and her entire family have also lived in this house.  The amount of wear and tear that has taken place is unbelievable so this was all very needed.

I am working on editing pictures from my trip.........so far I have made it almost all the way through day 1 of the trip!  I have over 3000 pictures to go through!

Happy to hear that one of your family was able to have your dad represented at the COVID memorial.  Our country has lost far too many people to this virus.

Hope you are having an awesome day!

Denim50

Oct-6

Hey Lubbercat, 

It’s a late post but one I’m happy to make. Congratulations on over 2 months! Yay you! Congratulations also on maintaining your quit throughout your vacation. I knew you could. You are awesome! I’m not finished yet though, lol…. Also…. 

Look at you go! Woohoo! Go Lubbercat!  

I’m sorry this is late though. I was off the forum a little bit recently. Nonetheless, I wouldn’t dream of not congratulating you at each chance I can. I’m so happy for you! I hope you’re continuing to treat yourself to something special to celebrate these amazing and well-deserved milestones. Best wishes as move toward your third month smoke free! 

Have a great day!