About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-1 by Terry (abquitsmking); 37150 views.
Lubbercat

Oct-11

Diana

Yes, he ended up with a few stitches but, that was it.......Doctor told him to be careful for a few days is all and not to put a shoe on for a few days.  He actually started back working on the backsplash yesterday and I got the first coat of paint on the walls.

Puerto Rican food, not sure I have ever had any.  I know my daughter is dating a guy from Panama and he makes some really good dishes.  

They are having a girl.  It will be Aurora Grace!  So excited about this.  My son really wanted a girl so he is over the moon about this 

I will hit 10 weeks tomorrow and just trying to stay the course while being involved in sooooo much stuff.  

Denim50

Oct-18

Hey Lubbercat, 

Congratulations on 11 weeks smoke free! I hope you have a great day and do something special for yourself. Also, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on finding out you’re going to have a new granddaughter. You have double the reasons to celebrate! That’s so wonderful. Children truly are precious. How’s the kitchen coming along? Did you get it finished? I’ve seen your many post here and thank you. You’re inspiring others following along behind you. You’ve a lot to be proud of all the way around today and we’re all proud of you too! Keep taking it a day at a time and keep going. You’re doing great! 

Have a wonderful day.  

Lubbercat

Oct-18

Denim

Thank you.......you really are the best!

I am blessed and spent Saturday making baby shower decorations, then had to go to my husband's high school reunion.  I got the base cabinets on the top painted on Sunday but, that was it.......just felt blah and took a down day after painting those........watched some movies and took my one grand daughter to church youth group last night.  Sometimes, you just have to take a day off.  By getting the base cabinets on top done though, we can put stuff back on the counters and have the tables to lay the cabinet doors on to paint!  Lower cabinets will wait till I get the top one's completed since I will need somewhere to put all the drawers along with the doors off the bottom cabinets......it really is a huge job!

Denim50

Oct-19

Hey Lubbercat,  

Thank you for your kind words. You’re pretty awesome yourself. When is the little one due? I hope you all have a wonderful and fun baby shower. The kitchen does sound like a huge job but I’m sure it will be worth it and lovely when you get it completed. I’m glad you took a day off to relax and enjoyed some movies and time with your granddaughter. It sounds like a nice day. Have you heard from Diana recently? I’m going to post to her next and hope all is still good with her. She hasn’t logged on since October 12th. 

Have a great day.  

• Edited October 19, 2021 10:12 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Oct-19

Hey Diana, 

Congratulations on 11 weeks smoke free! I hope you’re off celebrating your achievement. I see you haven’t logged on since October 12th. I hope you’re doing well and have just been busy. How’s your quit going? Please stop back in and let us know how you’re doing when you get a chance. We’re missing you around here. 

Have a great day.  

Denim50

Oct-19

Hey Freckled, 

Congratulations on 13 weeks smoke free! I hope you have a great time celebrating and do something special for yourself. You deserve it. You’ll be celebrating three months soon in a few days too. That’s wonderful and so much to be proud of. It keeps getting better the further along you go. How’s your day so far? Great, I hope. As for mine, I just spilt some coffee on my lap. It didn’t feel too to good but it jump started some of my reflexes, lol. Who knew I could still move that fast, lol. I have to laugh about the coffee as getting upset won’t change it. Anyway, again, congratulations and may you have a fabulous day with no spilled drinks, lol. blush 

Lubbercat

Oct-19

Denim

This little angel is due on February 21st.......my son is hoping for 2/22/22!

The actual baby shower is not until 12/19 but, I am doing lots of work for it and the kitchen has to be finished and 2 rooms made up for out of town guests that are coming for the shower.  Should be an awesome time!  As soon as everything is pretty much done on those, I will have to bust butt to get everything ready for Christmas!  LOL

I have searched for posts from Diana and have not found her on here.......not sure how you see last time someone was on.  Hopefully, we will hear something soon!

freckled1968

Oct-19

Thanks for the lovely balloons! Yes it’s 3 months today. Weirdly I’ve been getting some strong urges recently. Also romantizing the demon smoke a bit as well. Need to keep strong and not allow junkie thinking to linger. I’ve come too far to go back this time, just gonna double down and get through this rough patch and hopefully a smoother road is up ahead of me. 
thanks again for my balloons! I love them!

freclkes xx

Lubbercat

Oct-20

Freckles

Remember, you are probably suffering from one of those famous icky 3's.......3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months!  Just hang tight and it should start getting better here soon.  You've got this!

Congratulations on 3 months.  Well done, go celebrate you!

Denim50

Oct-21

Hey Freckles, 

Congratulations on three months smoke free! I’m glad you loved the balloons and I hope you celebrated both amazing achievements. You deserve it. Yes, there is a smoother road further ahead and freedom from this addiction and you can get there. It’s actually not at all weird that your having strong cravings again, or that your romanticizing smoking, or experiencing junkie thinking. It’s something many experience around three months. It’s part of the ‘Icky threes’. I’ll leave some information here for you about it and to help you with that. Quitting can really put us through it sometimes starting out but it is so worth it. You are worth it. I remember early on in my own quit what it was like. Thankfully I had a lot of great help and support here. There’s help and support here for you too, just a post away. Whether you need help and support, encouragement, a sounding board, or to simply share a laugh. Someone might read this and say.. did she just say a laugh? I did. Laughter is a great distraction and has the added plus of health benefits. Of course we could also scream if you like, lol. My point is, that whatever you’re going through, however you’re feeling, you’re not alone with your quit. We’re here, and as I said, we’re just a post away. So, stay in the moment and keep taking it a day at a time and remind yourself often that you can do this. Keep reading, keep posting, and keep going because there is a smoother road up ahead where freedom from this addiction awaits. Remember, each day smoke free is a day closer to that freedom. You deserve that for yourself and I wish you all the best. 

Hugs.  

Have a great day.  

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited October 21, 2021 12:39 pm  by  Denim50