About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/1/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 57039 views.
Jatchat

8/3/21

That's the attitude Isabella, 'I will never smoke again' glad you are here with maintain the rage, keep motivated, the articles are a great place to start that Denim posted, read and post. Hope to hear from you often, join in the Nope pledge each day posted under General Chit Chat. i am sure you will make every post a winner.

Kind regards

Anthony 

Cazza2468

8/3/21

Hey Denim great to see you jumping in and supporting all the newbies. You are like a surrogate Mod. Well there doesn’t seem to be any mods around here anymore, so angels like you are invaluable. I think I will throw a party for you on my 18 month anniversary.  Anything in particular you fancy?

Caz

• Edited August 3, 2021 7:38 pm  by  Cazza2468
isabella1759

8/4/21

Hi, that's great ,we can do it together. I have almost 24 hrs,under my belt. It popped in my head to smoke a couple times today, so I just snacked ( i have a broken ankle) if I didnt I would be swimming or walking.. If I need a little food to get through the next couple of day,,so be it. I'M STILL SMOKEFREE. Peace!

Lubbercat

8/4/21

Yes, we WILL do this together!  I am past the 24 hours and into day 2...........Snacking is okay but, I am trying to stay aware of what I am eating also..........I am down about 6 pounds from what I was about a month or so back so, I am happy with that.

I keep strange hours on here since it is easier for me to be on here at work during the day!  Last night, I went to my book club/bible study where there are no smokers so that made it easier for me.  My spouse is a heavy smoker and that has been my biggest challenge!  

isabella1759

8/5/21

Yes, It's a lot easier to not think about smoking when you're in the company of non-smokers!  Its going to be hard w the hubby being a heavy smoker for you , but sometimes it works in your favor,cause you see ppl smoking, and notice how silly smoking is! There is a great app for your phone called "Smoke Free" w a green heart. It records every sec of you journey,how much money you save, how much time u havent smoke.. I used it every day, to help quit!

I knew I was playing w fire last year ,when I asked for a puff on my birthday, then a month or 2 later later  , I asked for another puff..so slowly , I was becoming a smoker! Well enough of that crap!!!  I really loved being a non smoker, I felt healthy, I didnt smell like an ashtray, and I didn t have that monkey on my back anymore. Once I get this leg healed, Ill be out and about and J wont have time to think about smoking.. Happy 2nd day Lubbercat, we  can do this,One day at a time!!!!!!

Lubbercat

8/5/21

Isabella

Good morning!  How is the quit going?  On to day 3..........

Sorry I did not respond sooner.......I try to stay busy in the evenings to keep me from thinking about my husband out there smoking!  Since we just had all the floors done, I am in the process of cleaning and moving everything back to where it belongs so it is easy to get lost in my evenings.  Tomorrow night, we are going to a baseball game so that will keep me busy tomorrow night.

It must be something with birthdays.......I started back up after a surprise birthday party they had for me when I had quit for almost 3 years!

Denim50

8/5/21

Hey Lubbercat, 

Congratulations on your third day smoke free. It’s one of those icky threes though, so keep your guard up and stay in the moment. Several quitters had more than one quit before finding permanent success. The important thing is that you didn’t give up. It’s great to see you getting right back at it. I, myself, slipped in 2016 and found myself here in 2018 trying to quit again. You can do this and you can succeed. Keep going, keep posting, and focus on ‘today’. We’re all here, still cheering you on and wishing you the very best for your smoke free success.  I hope you have a wonderful time at the game tomorrow night. Congratulations also on the upcoming birth of your newest grandchild. That’s great news! Have a great day. relaxed 

Lubbercat

8/5/21

Denim

Thank you......yes, this is hard and walking on my treadmill has been out of the question since it is folded up in my utility room till we get it moved back where it belongs!  I am hoping by tonight that the fish tank will be moved so that I can get the treadmill back out and start on that again, it is a great stress relief and an "excuse" to not go out on the porch with my husband!  

The next grand child will be living in my house for the time being so I have a lot of moving things around to get ready for that arrival.  I am very excited about this one!  We were already getting floors done and the kitchen is next with ceramic tile to be taken up (not a fun job)!  That also includes painting in that room and of course, I want to put another coat of paint on all my cabinets as well........at least all the work at home keeps my mind and body occupied so I go to bed tired!

Denim50

8/5/21

Hey Isabel, 

It’s great to hear your determination to quit. Keep the determination and motivation going. You can do this. As I told Lubbercat, there are others who also had more than one quit before finding permanent success. This can be your permanent quit too, stay strong, stay focused, and stay in the moment. Take each day as it comes, one at a time, you can do it. We all wish you the best. Today, for you and Lubbercat,  is one of the icky threes we sometimes go through during cessation, so remember to reach out and post if you need help or support. We’re all here for you and each other. relaxed 

Wishing you the best toward your success. 

Denim50

8/5/21

Hey Lubbercat, 

Yes, exercise really is a great way to relive stress, defeat cravings, and stay healthy. It’s also great that you’re using it as a ‘excuse’ to avoid being around your husband’s smoke. Kudos to you for staying strong with a husband who smokes and for finding ways around being near it that work best for you. I know that can be challenging but it can be done and you can do it. I know Anthony has had to face that same challenge. So did one of my Mar. ‘18 quit-buddies (CindiS319). Her husband is still smoking, unfortunately. 

I’m sure you do go to bed tired! It really is a lot of undertaking and work. As you said though, a lot to keep you busy and occupied, so that’s good. I can understand that, I’m redoing a room here also and redecorating two of the others. At least, I was until the other day.

The other day I felt so bad, and the next day only slightly better. Thankfully the improvement kept coming and I’m doing better today so far, thank goodness. That’s actually why I was late congratulating you about getting right back it but I’m glad to see that Anthony did it. He’s great and I’m happy to see his star posted back up, as I’m sure you too will reach a month again. relaxed  

I’m sure it’ll be wonderful having the little one there with you. I only have one child, a grown son in his thirties but no grandchildren. 

What kind of fish do you have? We used to have catfish but after they died we didn’t get any more, we had them over 10 years. We’ve thought about getting some more fish since then but remain undecided, as of yet anyway. 

I’m going to make a few other post and then I have a some things I need to do. I’ll check back in later on. 

Have a great day.