About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help   General Chit-Chat

Started Aug-20 by leaka32; 2107 views.
leaka32

Aug-20

Hi

My name is leaka and I’m new here. Today is my third week of not smoking and it seems like my hardest week does anybody have any ideas on how to take my mind off of not smoking or any encouraging words thank you

SusanK1960

Aug-20

Hi Leaka, 

Congratulations on being three weeks nicotine free!  Many quitters have found 3 days, three weeks and three months to be especially trying.  Trying drinking ice water THRU A STRAW, solitaire with a real deck of cards, meditate with an internet guide, brush your teeth, read stories under Quit Stories and Journal tab to the left.  Try not to do all of these at once or that will cause some frustration.  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Keep up the good work, you are doing really well!!

leaka32

Aug-20

Thank you. I love solitaire! I will be trying solitaire and drinking ice water through a straw first

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-21

Hi Leaka!

I am approaching week 3...some ideas are to find activities that you wouldnt smoke...take a bath/shower...go to the library..or any place that doesnt allow smoking!  go for a jog or walk!  brush your teeth...etc..

Whyquit.com has some good info...on the junkie thinking and rationalizations that goes on...and the counter arguments..so you can fight that urge!  Biggest thing is NOT ONE Puff!!! no matter what...

Hope that helps!  Stay focused...education yourself as much as possible to do what ever you can to fight this fight!  I tend to like the morbid stories..and videos...cause i dont want that to be me!  

And give yourself a big pat on the back for making it this far!  One moment at a time!

Hugs

Diana

leaka32

Aug-21

Thank you very much! Hugs 

Jatchat

Aug-22

Yes Leaka, read and post regularly, quit stories are helpful, and you can find these in the Library section on this site, to maintain motivation I find going for walks in the fresh air helpful draw in deep breaths clear those lungs get the heart rate up and get those endorphins (natural feel good chemicals) working for you.

Well done on your three week quit Yeah

Kind regards

Anthony

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-22

How did today go?  Hope you know we are here! Please feel free to share whatever...and say Hi on the August quit board!

leaka32

Aug-23

Gm! I had a breakdown yesterday so I got on here and started reading things and it made me feel a lot better. I love this group so many people and amazing stories to help me get through my withdrawals. Thank you

xvaper

Aug-24

Hi Leaka,

It's good to post and get help on here when it gets tough. I am almost two months into my quit. I quit before and relapsed for 4 months. What was I thinking? This time is different. I will no longer pay the tobacco companies to kill myself, because they had me hooked on Nicotine. Update us on your journey!

Loreficent

Aug-24

Hi X

You are doing an amazing job! I’m really proud of you. It is so nice to have you back. Another fierce voice that will rage against big tobacco is always good. Plus, it’s just nice to have you back and doing so well! kissing_heart