About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Most stressful day   General Chit-Chat

Started Aug-22 by Sassy47; 1521 views.
Sassy47

Aug-22

I am devastated.   I found out today that my partner of 26 years slept with a lady while he took our kids down South to his moms.  Something felt wrong in the pit of my stomach.  My daughter told me a couple weeks ago that this woman was at grammas house then when they got home from holidays my husband went to the clinic because he was having painful urination.  Last night it clicked so I asked him this morning.  I am so thankful we have not had sex since he's been home.  I don't even know where to go from here.  But I am not smoking a I am grateful for that

xvaper

Aug-22

F***k man, this is messed up. He came clean? I don't think you know where to go at first..I have not had this happen but I have close friends this happened to. One of my friends asked her husband of 12 years what he wanted for Xmas and he said "a divorce". He has been having an affair with a women at work. He was supposed to be taking 'cooking classes'. They went through a really difficult time but they stayed together. I don't know that the big love they had survived but they are best friends and great parents together. Mind you, they have 3 school age kids together so there was that to consider.

Please do not reach for a cigarette it will do nothing but depress you more. If you need to vent post or PM, but don't let him make you poison yourself on top of the betrayal.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy47

Aug-22

Yes he came clean when I asked him this morning.  My one daughter was away at a sleepover and my 15 year old autistic daughter was here and startled by my yelling.  This is overwhelming but I will not reach for a cigarette because I fear if I do I will never quit and I will need the $ for rent.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Sassy47

Aug-22

I told him to find a place to stay for tonight because I am so very angry that I almost smashed him in the head with my coffee cup after I threw the coffee on him.

xvaper

Aug-22

Wonderful. Good for you. Let him find a doghouse to lay in for now, until you can start wrapping your head around what just happened. I am single so not in the same boat but I am here to support and do my best so you don't reach out for a death stick while you are dealing with this bomb. When my friend found out and he was talking about divorce she called his friend and told him to come over and take him away.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Sassy47

Aug-22

Thanks for the support.  

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-22

oh my!  that truly sucks!  When I was pregnancy with my daughter, i came up postive for chlamydia...asked my doctor how do you get that...he gave me enough antibiotic to give the husband and his ho...I really tried to work on that marriage..but I was the only one trying.  I know you are going through a whole range of emotions...very proud of you on staying focused on YOU!!!  You are the most important right now!  I think a bit of space will be good for you...and him...as you both need to figure this out...Hugs!  

Think how empowered you are going to feel to kick Nicotines butt!   

Sassy47

Aug-22

I am really struggling right now.  I am so close to picking up a cigarette 

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-22

Breathe!!!  Deeply!!!  Wooza!!!  punch a pillow!  eat some ice chips!  focus!  it is alot...but smoking is only going  to fix the withdrawal you are feeling...your mind has taught yourself that nicotine...makes you feel better...stress...causes Nicotene to deplete..it is all part of the BIG LIE!!!  

hugs

Diana