About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Sep-3 by slowblumer; 18725 views.
Dipo (diposs)

Sep-23

Hi Diana, 

5 days into it, am quite proud. But boy, did things get tough - sweating like a pig just now - with weird nausea / headache. Had constipation issues for the past 2 days.

Been exercising cardio daily and eating a lot veggies. But body still rejecting somehow. Hopefully will pass soon. 

Also, hope you are doing well as well ???? 

Dipo (diposs)

Sep-23

Thanks ab112233, been doing a cardio challenge so far. How long you reckon the body will start adjusting to excercise as normal?

BigBoz4him

Sep-23

Hello!!!  I am planning on quitting tonight and need some serious encouragement...   I thought that a forum might help as I feel so alone in this journey.   I'm glad u have decided to take the leap as well!

BigBoz4him

Sep-23

Hi, I am new here.   I need some support.  Looks like I'm in the right place.

Anne2020

Sep-23

You have come to the right place and you are not alone.   CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to quite smoking.  You will find it is the best self help you can do for yourself.  Have a look through the Quit Smoking Library as well as other categories in the Discussions page to on the left of this page.  You will find some great tips and experiences of those who have come before you and those who are involved today.

Check out the   beginning of this discussions for first hints from Mod Dee.

A great read is Alan Carr's Easy Way to Quite Smoking -   http://prdupl02.ynet.co.il/ForumFiles_2/15119301.pdf

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.  We are here to help and support you through this journey to freedom.

Cheers! 

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-23

Hey Dipo

I need to do some sort of cardio and full exercise program...I go in spurts!  LOL  I do love my veggies....and I make myself plates of those..but I try to stay away from any that are known to cause bloating...etc...like raw broccoli and asparagus...

Eventually you will get back to feeling normal...or the new normal you are creating!  

Hang in there!

Dipo (diposs)

Sep-23

Hi BigBoz,

No time like now. Go for it.

There’s lots of material here, really helps the mindset to get it right

Anne2020

Sep-23

Also wanted to share the site address for Why Quit.  Another excellent resource for reading material.  

https://whyquit.com/ffn/index.html

CC to BigBoz4him
Msg 6778.62 deleted
oxanquits

Sep-23

Hi BigBoz, join the gang, you can do it tonight! Decide and stick to your decision, come to the forum often to read and chat, the journey is much easier like that. But the main work is inner one, so please be firm and strong. What makes you quit today?.. be sure to remember that no matter what. muscle