About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Sep-3 by slowblumer; 18725 views.
BigBoz4him

Sep-24

That is great that you have been quit for so long. You are coming up on two full years.  Congratulations on that as I know it is not an easy thing to accomplish. And yes, the smoke free lifestyle is the way to go.  I love it also, as most of my hobbies revolve around the outdoors and activities that involve breathing (; ....  but seriously I love it as well. 

Thanks for saying you like my plan. I am taking it very serious and I am blessed to have you to run this stuff by as I have never had it before. I am also a cold turkey. Dr. Arthur Weaver I think puts it best when he says that continuing to use nicotine while trying to give it up is similar to going into labor without delivering the baby!  It isn't very pleasant. 

BigBoz4him

Sep-24

Thanks for the information about the site, interesting it has been around for so long; and yes, I have been looking around on the subjects on the left and it matches what you describe.  I am very happy I found this site. The more help I can find the better. I am trying to gather every resource I can this time to add strength to my quitting process. How far into quitting are you? 

BigBoz4him

Sep-25

I wanted to mention that I think its wonderful you continue to be a part of this forum and help others such as myself.   What other methods have u used to stay off nicotine for this long????  

oxanquits

Sep-25

You can find there something which will inspire or help you at the particular moment. I used to choose the title from the quitting library which matched my mood, it’s nice to know it was written by real people who are probably still quit now.

I quit around 6,5 months ago, after 11 years smoking, tried many times before but only worked after I posted here. It’s a good place, wish you luck  

BigBoz4him

Sep-25

I like the idea of topic choice by mood...   sounds like something I might have to try (:  especially with my current and future need of motivation!!!    I feel like conditioning that motivation is key!!

And thats great you have been off for so long.  I think I will join you...    I feel so so much better without it...   I hate how addictive it is....  but in the end...  it a dirty trap!!

oxanquits

Sep-25

Try everything that might work for you, whatever it takes to not smoke today, day by day. It is a trap, don’t fall for anything this addiction tells you. No exceptions.

How long are you without nicotine?

BigBoz4him

Sep-25

Its been almost 48 hours now..   and you said it!   It is a the worst trap ever and past experience has told me to never let my guard down... nomatter how out of the woods I feel

BigBoz4him

Sep-25

Its been over 48 hours without nicotine!  Just so ya know (:

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-26

woohoo!!!!    i am with  you!    Moment by moment!!!   you got this.....   

hugs@  

BigBoz4him

Sep-26

Hey thanks!!!!   I appreciate it (: