About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Moods   Quit Support

Started Oct-11 by Lee.T; 405 views.
Lee.T

Oct-11

Hello I'm in day 7 and I am experiencing the most terrible angry mood ever with the urge of wanting to smoke. I could just attack anything in my way

In reply toRe: msg 1
Lubbercat

Oct-12

Lee T

Sorry I just seen this. I am hoping you did not cave and smoke?  Anger is one of my hardest emotions to get through without smoking.  I think I may have scrubbed a few thousand pans to get past it.  Try exercise if that is possible?  Maybe, if the exercise (or scrubbing pans) is not possible maybe try coloring?

Lee.T

Oct-12

Hi, I thank God I did not cave in. I feel a little better today well a lot better than yesterday thank goodness.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Lubbercat

Oct-12

Lee T

Great to hear that you are feeling better today.  It does take a while and mood swings are common.  Just know every time you get past a hurdle, you are taking another step towards beating this for good!

Anne2020

Oct-12

That's so true Lubbercat.  Another notch in your quit journey.   Keep it up Lee, you are going great!!! 

In reply toRe: msg 3
xvaper

Oct-13

Been there. You are detoxing, its a normal reaction of your brain, pissed off that. you took its drug away. It will pass.