About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BATTLING   General Chit-Chat

Started Oct-17 by Lee.T; 949 views.
Lee.T

Oct-17

Hi All, I am on day 12 today and am battling for some reason.  No matter what I do or say to myself I am finding I have to take deep breaths all the time and find I'm clenching my teeth together so hard.  It just seems to be hanging around longer than normal. Help!!!!!!!  

In reply toRe: msg 1
Cazza2468

Oct-17

Hi Lee

try blowing bubbles   The gentle blowing action plus bubbles are just as facinating now as when we were children. It very distracting and distractions are what you need now. I think there are lists on this site of 100s of things you can do instead of smoking. 
hang in 

caz

Denim50

Oct-18

Here’s that list Caz. 

Cazza2468

Oct-18

Thankyou so much miz Denim.  You are amazing the way you can find this stuff

caz

Anne2020

Oct-18

This is one of those quit defining crave waves - surf it out - don't give in.  Find anything to distract yourself all day long - go to bed early if possible.  If you can get through this tsunamis crave, you will be rewarded with a peaceful period.

Stay connected here.  If you have to post ten time, do it.  Just do not - you know what!!!

timmy777

Oct-18

Hi Lee,

Looking at the date of your message, i think we are both around the same 2 week mark grinning . What i have found really helpful,  i have been drinking pretty much just water since i quit, so this past week when i get a craving i get up from my desk or what ever i was doing and go to the fridge and grab a can of pepsi max and take real slow sips, wonder about the kitchen for a bit, look out the window etc and than put it back in the fridge for next time(i use pepsi max just as some taste other than water). I guess this is kinda emulating what i used to do when i would get up and go outside and have a nasty ciggy, i found this has really helped so far and any cravings are gone by the time i go back to what i was doing. Maybe i should find something better for me than pepsi max though, it is working for now though. Oh yeah congrats on two weeks tada

Lee.T

Oct-19

Thank for your help Timmy. I am pleased I did not back down and still moving forward. Am positive I am going to be totally free and determined not to give in. Stay strong we got this

In reply toRe: msg 7
CindiS319

Oct-23

Great job Lee!  Keep it up...you can do this.  I remember taking deep breaths pretty much the entire first year.  It really helps!

Lee.T

Oct-24

Thank you Cindi. Ifs day 19 today and battling again

In reply toRe: msg 9
SusanK1960

Oct-24

Hi Lee,

I always imagined each craving as nicotine receptor shutting down. Your battle has a purpose!