About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

cravings   Quit Support

Started Oct-19 by Mercy (mercy164); 526 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

Oct-19

Hello all,

I had a huge day of cravings. I was going to go and get a pack of cigarettes, and I thought of all of you here on the forum. That stopped me because I didn't want to let you all down or try any less than all of you. Thank you so much for keeping in touch.

Mercy

7 Days

timmy777

Oct-19

Well done Mercy, you are doing awesome!

Denim50

Oct-20

Hey Mercy, 

Whatever reason you gave yourself to stay strong, I’m just so happy for you that you did. We all are. You should be very proud of yourself. Please remember though, if your having one of those days and/or one of those moments where you feel you might give in, please post so we can try to help you. You are not alone with your quit. The beginning is the hardest but it really does get better and better the further along you go and the more you distance yourself from it. In the meantime, try to stay in the moment and keep taking each day as it comes, one hour, one minute at a time if necessary and remind yourself often that you can do this. How are you doing on day 8? I hope today is a bit better for you but please continue reach out if you need support. We’re all here for you and each other. Wishing you all the best toward your continued success. Hugs. 

Have a great day.  

Mercy (mercy164)

Oct-20

Thank you Denim. 

I am doing okay today. I have work and school, so I am kept busy. I am thankful for that. I try to post daily, so I can keep up with the others, too.

Have a good day!
mercy

day 8

Mercy (mercy164)

Oct-20

Thank you Timmy.

Mercy

Day 8

oxanquits

Oct-20

Great move on writing here first. And good job on keeping the commitment to yourself and forum, you are so doing it! Over 1 week, yay!

Mercy (mercy164)

Oct-21

Thank you.  

Mercy

Day 9

xvaper

Oct-24

I have had those early on. I told myself, see if you can wait ten minutes. After all, what is ten minutes?  I can always buy cigarettes 10 minutes. from now right?

After10 minutes, I waited another 10 minutes. Then 20 minutes. then 30, then the rest of the day. I can always decide to start smoking again tomorrow right?  Is it really imperative in the total scheme of my life that I smoke right now? Nothing else matters whatsoever that I absolutely have to poison myself right this second? and what does that say about me being a total junkie?

Went to sleep and it was over.

Your brain is trying hard to get its fix, it is starved from it's chemical. It will get weaker and weaker in time.