About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

ROCKTOBER'S 11, 10 YEAR SMOKE FREE QUITAVERSARY!!!!   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Oct-27 by Obi (Obi-Waunday); 254 views.
Obi (Obi-Waunday)

Oct-27

Greetings, All - 

I am Obi-Waunday

I am a member of ROCKTOBER'S 11 from the About.com Smoking Cessation Group. I am here celebrating my 10 years and boy oh boy, does it feel great.

I am so very thankful to the God of my understanding for the grace and mercy shown to me over these past ten years. Have things always been easy since my quit? Nope. Did quitting help me to understand other aspects of my life? Absolutely. 

Through quitting I learned that as long as I want to do something, it will be done. I learned that that desire and will is not all it takes. It takes discipline that comes with time. I also learned that I can't life way too seriously. Fun is necessary. and required on this journey.

I am hoping that there are some ROCKTOBER'S 11 members out there.

I sure have missed you guys and I think about you often.

If I could impart some wisdom to the newly Quit - "DON'T GIVE UP!!" 

The craving doesn't last as long as you think it does. kissing_heart*wink*kissing_heart

One Love to All Who Will Receive It!!

Knowing others is intelligence; Knowing yourself is true wisdom."
"Mastering others is strength; Mastering yourself is true power.

Lao Tzu ~ The Tao Te Ching

MQM:CT MQD:10.27.2011:12:01:AM QBG:PROUD MEMBER, "ROCKTOBERS '11 !!"

Peace, Love, & Freedom to My Rocktober Family where-ever in the world you may be.
To Everyone thinking about Quitting and to those early on in their Quit, take it one day at a time, my lovelies!!
 You CAN do it!!
"We're Bringin' Smokeless Baaack!"
(to Justin Timberlake's, SexyBack..)
 "SEXY" & NicoFree" 
"Not One Puff Evah, Baby!!!"
Diana (DianaSaigo)

Nov-2

Congratulations!  That is awesome!

xvaper

Nov-9

Thank you for encouraging us :)

BIG Congrats on your 10 yr Quitaversary...Way to go!!! It does take more than will-power and desire. It's takes passion, discipline, determination and a desire to NOT smoke. You have to make up your mind to QUIT smoking and not feel that you are giving up something. Take it one day at a time and just don't smoke TODAY. You have to be a warrior and fight for your life & freedom. Don't let nicodemon win!! I smoked for 42 years, hated smoking finally and Quit. The support on this forum was wonderful and helped SO much. Fought hard daily to get to the Clubhouse. Still saying/practicing NOPE.

Let's Keep kicking Cig butt!!!

Gloria

Freedom since 30 July 2018....How Sweet it is!!!