About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/31/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 12898 views.
Denim50

Apr-27

Hey Martha, 

You did it! YAY YOU! Huge congratulations on five months smoke free today! relaxedtada This is a wonderful achievement! I'm so happy for you! I hope you celebrate this amazing milestone and do something extra special for yourself today. You deserve it and you've earned it. What a terrific accomplishment!  

I loved reading your post to Marygold too about how you counter those smoking thoughts. It's terrific when we can turn those thoughts around. That's a big help in the early stages of cessation. It was for me too when I was starting out. It's great to see you active on the forum and lending support. Thank you. Support is so important to everyone's quit during cessation. I hope you'll remember to reach out too if should you need a bit of added support. We're all here together. 

Stay strong, stay close, and stay in the moment. You're doing great and I wish you all the best as you keep moving forward. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

MarthaJC

Apr-27

It means SO much to me that you took time to acknowledge my quit anniversary!  You are a powerful force for good -- bless you! And I most definitely plan to keep coming to this forum for support and wisdom, and to offer my experience when I think it could help. There is so much compassion and honesty in the posts here -- I am truly grateful to have found it. 

Best,

Martha

Anne2020

Apr-29

Well done Martha - you must be feeling pretty good - you have a nice solid foundation for your non-smoking lifestyle.  Give yourself a huge pat on the back knowing what you have accomplished.  Be Proud of your new non-smoking lifestyle.  You have broken free of the drug (nicotine) and all of the tactics the tobacco companies have used for decades to hook you and keep you hooked.   This is a huge accomplishment.   

I remember when I got to 5 months I really started to believe that I could make it.  I had my eye on that one year smoke free prize.  I was so impressed with myself, I couldn't help but beam with delight.  Now I am 2 years and 5 months - and I am so very, very happy that I broke away from that whole smoking lifestyle.  I still have smokers around me but I am not in the least affected.  I never even think about having a smoke.

You will get there to.  You have probably already noticed time periods where you have forgotten all about smoking.  That peacefulness will grow and grow until you completely forget about smoking altogether.  

Again - Well Done Martha, well done indeed.

• Edited April 29, 2022 11:47 am  by  Anne2020
MarthaJC

Apr-29

Thank you so very much for the encouragement and wisdom! I do have times of completely forgetting about smoking, for which I am grateful ... and I do trust that these will become longer and more frequent until the blessed day when I don't think about it at all anymore....  

best,

Martha

Denim50

Jun-27

Hey Martha, 

Big congratulations to you as you celebrate 7 months smoke free today! relaxedtada I hope you're having a great day celebrating. You certainly deserve it and look at you at over half a year quit! Well on your way toward your first smoke free year. I'm so glad to see you continuing to post and so happy for your success. Seven months is wonderful! You've so much to be proud of as you celebrate another terrific milestone. Wishing you all the very best. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited June 27, 2022 7:35 pm  by  Denim50
MarthaJC

Jun-28

Thank you!  I am SO very grateful for this forum!!!