About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/31/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 15404 views.
feafee78

11/12/21

Thanks, Timmy! I think I’m going to have to find a new show to binge tomorrow, lol. I probably need to make a list. 

feafee78

11/12/21

Thank you, Denim! I love the questions that last article has. I may need to print those out. Ok, I’ll print them out now, before I forget how awesome they are. ;)

In reply toRe: msg 1
feafee78

11/14/21

Got through day 5 and starting day 6! I even walked by someone who was smoking yesterday and didn’t ask for one. That’s big for me because I’ve always thought that would increase my chances of having just that 1 cigarette and not getting more.

I don’t have anyone home today and have been dismissing the strange thoughts in my head. I was sneaking cigarettes the last couple months, so time alone is a trigger. My extra family arrives tonight and I know that will help. 

Jatchat

11/14/21

Congratulations on five days feafee, well done

isabella1759

11/16/21

Hi Friends, Just got through my 8th day, smoke free, I had some testy days, for sure. I did what someone shared and cut a straw the size of a cig,and puff on it, when I need too! Hey, its working me ,so far! Hope everyone is hanging in for another day! Good vibes and clean living!

In reply toRe: msg 50
isabella1759

11/16/21

It was " Denim50" last post, where I read the ideal of cutting the straw the size of a smoke, and holding it like a cig. Thanks for this tip!

Lubbercat

11/16/21

Isabella

Sorry I missed your 1 week so CONGRATS on 8 days!  I hope you did something to celebrate cause those first 8 days are really rough?

Lubbercat

11/16/21

Anthony

How are you doing?  I don't see anything on here from you in the last couple of days.  You just passed 17 days?  

Jatchat

11/16/21

Hi Lubbercat,

In one hours time I will have acheived a 17 day quit, thank you for recognising this, still just plugging away hour by hour day by day, Saw my quit smoking counsellor yesterday, and all is good, we discussed how my injury was healing and when I could come back to the gym Have been discussing with my psychologist sleep behaviour and what I can do to improve my sleep patterns. Last night slept 7.5 hrs thats good for me

Trust your quit is going well?

Kind regards

Anthony

Lubbercat

11/16/21

Anthony

YAY......so happy to hear you are still going.  I understand about the sleeping thing, my husband was having issues but started taking a sleeping pill, goes to bed earlier every night and has actually been getting up in the morning after sleeping the night through......took a while to get him to this point.

As of this morning, I have hit 15 weeks.  It has had a lot of struggles and I still have times that I am struggling.  This past weekend, going away with my sister and her daughter, was great cause no smokers with us!  My husband leaves in the morning for the next 5 1/2 weeks........not being around the smoke is great but, a little stressful having to do everything for all the holidays by myself!

I know getting back to the gym for you should be huge!  I am hoping while my husband is gone, to work the treadmill back into my daily routine.  One day at a time is all any of us can work with........whether it be on our quit or working things into our daily routines.....

Good luck to you and before you blink, you are going to be celebrating 3 weeks.  What is your plan for celebrating?