About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 6   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-11 by wharry30; 209 views.
wharry30

Nov-11

Day number 6 was tough ate alot though but still did not light up!!!

Anne2020

Nov-11

Try to get some exercise in the offset the food intake.  Exercise is one of the best distractions and something as simple as a walk is sufficient to walk off those extra calories.  

Remember to that a couple of deep breathes work well to dissipate cravings.

Finally, no matter what anyone says, do what you need to - to keep from lighting up.

When cravings come, don't think how you are missing out on a smoke, think about how your body is healing and every craving is a sign of another milestone in your new non-smoking lifestyle.     Hmmm, you teeth will be whiter, your skin will be clearer, your hair will stop falling out, your colgne/perfume will smell better, you will be calmer.  All a win, win.

You are doing great!!!    

Lubbercat

Nov-12

Wharry

Congrats on 6 days, that is fantastic.  

I know some days are tougher then others and I did gain a few pounds over my quitting and quitting and quitting and now that I am hopefully forever quit (just passed 14 weeks), I will worry about losing that weight.  However, I still do not deprive myself and I don't "overdo" the exercise.....I feel better so I am up and doing things a lot more often and that by itself helps to offset some of the extra food I took in!