About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Please Read FORUM UPDATE: 3/26/22   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Mar-26 by Terry (abquitsmking); 4866 views.
Molly010

Jun-18

Hello Denim!

Thank you so much for hosting the forum!  I had no idea there were any problems keeping it going.  This forum, for many of us, is the reason we are non-smokers.  I have met some truly wonderful people who were supportive and non-judgmental.  It is so necessary for people to get through those first months.  I think it is fitting you would take over.  You have been such an active and supportive role model for many of us.   

My 4 year anniversary is coming up.  Can't believe it!  Feels so normal not to smoke now.  Never thought I would feel this way in the beginning.  Best of luck as you take on this new role!  We are so lucky to have you.  I hope to hop on more often.  :)

• Edited June 18, 2022 7:59 pm  by  Molly010
Denim50

Jun-28

Hey Molly, 

I'm happy to do it and grateful for the opportunity to keep it going. Thank you so much for your sweet message, good wishes, and support. It means a lot to me and I'm so glad to hear that you'll be hopping on the forum more often. That's terrific! relaxed 

I don't think any of us thought we would feel this way in the beginning. Amazing isn't it? Goodness, how things have changed and happily so! 

As you said, it won't be long until your four year celebration and I can't wait to celebrate it here with you. I see you've posted in the group thread too so I'll continue this there. Thanks again.  

Have a great day.  

Cocoa60

Jul-2

Thanks so much Denim, have a great weekend!

Ernie

Denim50

Jul-2

Hey Ernie, 

Your support is really appreciated. Thank you! I hope you and your family have a great and fun-filled weekend also. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

Msg 7029.50 deleted

As usual I am late to the party but I am so grateful for you Denim for our years of friendship and encouragement.  And now, you are hosting the Forum which is amazing... I was really sad to think it might come to an end since it was instrumental in my quit support.  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with this.  I really try to check in more often than I have been and will put extra effort into it now since my "Quit Sister" is now the Forum master.  You have helped me and so many others over the years, just know how much I appreciate you and this Forum and its members.

Hugs!

Cindi

48yrsmokin

Jul-24

Thanks Denim for all your help keeping this forum going. I know I don't talk much on here but I do look alot and it helps. This is my second time around with the forum 1st time a year and a half.  2nd time Sept. 9th 2021 start and still going thanks to things you guys talk about on here. Thanks again It helps alot. Ed G.

SusanK1960

Jul-24

Hey Ed,

How wonderful to read you are at 10.5 months!  I know you have it in you to stop. You got this!

Denim50

Jul-25

Hey Quit-Sister, 

Nope, you're right on time, as it's great to see you posting here any time. I'm so grateful for our years of friendship too and for your sweet message of support. Thank you! I didn't want the forum to close either and, thankfully, now it's not going to. Like you, I'm so appreciative of it and it's members. I'm also so appreciative of you too and of the support you've given to others here throughout the years, including myself. I'm so glad you're here. It's wonderful to have you back with us on the forum. That's great news and I'm looking forward to it. 

Talk again soon. Hugs. 

Denim50

Jul-25

Hey Ed, 

Thank you so much! It's good to hear from you. I'm so glad your still going strong. That's great! Congratulations on those 10 smoke free months! 10 months is a wonderful achievement and I've no doubt that you'll reach your one year celebration in a month and half too. You can do it and I wish you all the best. 

• Edited July 25, 2022 6:25 pm  by  Denim50