About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2022 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started May-31 by Denim50; 2494 views.
ryanazim

Jun-22

I like this information it's very amazing and wonderful. 

Thanks for giving me it's very good info.

Msg 7063.7 deleted
Denim50

Jun-27

Hey ryanazim, 

You're very welcome and welcome to the forum. We're happy to have you join us and hope to hear more from you soon. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

Ginger3077

Jul-4

It's been a couple of years of smoking and quitting since I joined. In the USA it's independence day. For me it's also independence and freedom from smoking. I had my last death stick last night. Going to be a lot of cross stitching and reading. I'm not much of a poster but I read the postings every day. Thank you Denim for keeping this group going

Denim50

Jul-4

Hey Ginger, 

I'm sorry to hear you lost your quit but so happy you're giving it another go and that you came back here to do it. It's good to hear from you again. I still have your old quit date, so I'm replacing it with your new one. Big kudos to you for getting back at it and what a wonderful quit date! Double celebration each year. Happy Fourth of July! I hope the festivities have provided a bit of distraction for you today. I also think your hobbies are wonderful distractions too. I'm sure you remember but try to keep it in the moment and take it a day at a time. Looking too far ahead can sometimes cause added stress or anxiety that you don't need starting out. I'll leave some articles here for you too. Also, if at any point you start to feel as though you might cave into a craving, please post here first, three times, at least three minutes apart.  Doing so will give someone here a chance to respond and try to help. It will also allow time for the craving to pass. If you're not in a position to post then try asking yourself these questions and answer them honestly. 

• Why did I quit smoking?
  • How long did I smoke?
  • How long have I been smoke free?
  • How long do I think it should take to be free of this addiction?
  • If I go back to smoking, will I want to quit again?
  • How long will it be before I do? Weeks...months...years? When illness strikes?
  • Will quitting be any easier next time around?
  • How do I think smoking will benefit me?
  • Is it worth giving up what I've worked so hard to do? 

You may not like to post, and that's okay, but please remember that you can reach out at anytime. We're here for you and each other. 

Thank you also for your sweet message about the forum. I'm happy to do it. Don't think I would have gotten as far as I have without the support I received here in the beginning. It truly is a amazing place for cessation.

Stay close, stay strong, and stay in the moment. You can do this! Welcome back and I wish you all the best with your new quit.  

Denim50

Jul-7

Hey Ginger, 

Just wanted to check back with you. How's it's going with your quit? I've also sent you a pm. Hope all is well with you and your quit. Best wishes and I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead. 

Ginger3077

Jul-7

Doing great. Was going to post to you when I ended hell week. Still feel the urge once in a while. Good time to quit in Arizona. It's too damn hot to go out and smoke. Thank you for your help its appreciated.

overdoze

Jul-8

death stick.. yep thats right.

11better11

Jul-15

Hi,

I am new here as well. Cannot do this alone.