About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

11 months!   General Chit-Chat

Started Jun-2 by xvaper; 456 views.
xvaper

Jun-2

I am happy to report that the day after my birthday I have celebrated 11 months of Nicotine free life. It is not always easy but it get better and better.

I am very proud or myself, and freedom from slavery and the smoke smelling clothes and hair and sore throat and everything else is truly liberating.

Still get urges but they are very infrequent, and so far I passed the test. Smoking seems more and more surreal, the myth becomes clearer, but does not make me immune to a relapse, never get complacent!

I would like to thank the amazing kind and generous people on this board, without whom I would not have succeeded, plain and simple.

I encourage all new quitters to read as much as possible, repeatedly until slowly it sinks in. You don't want to smoke. Your reward system is held hostage by an addictive drug. This is a very powerful system, do not discard its power or blame your self. 

The bright side is that millions of people quit and stay clean, it is very possible. Use the resources you get here.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Anne2020

Jun-2

CONGRATULATIONS - SO HAPPY FOR YOU

Congratulations Fireworks GIF - Congratulations Fireworks - Discover &  Share GIFs

xvaper

Jun-2

Thank you!!

JavaNY

Jun-2

Nice going X. Congrats. 

SusanK1960

Jun-3

That is wonderful news X!!

Molly010

Jun-19

Congratulations xvaper!  Soon you will have made it to one year.  Woo hoo!  The first year is definitely the most difficult.  The cravings come and go, but at this point should be less intense.  Keep going!  

xvaper

Jun-19

Thanks Molly!

Indeed it has bot been easy, but the more I go, the more surreal the idea of me lighting up become..It's been so long. Having said that I had a mad craving recently, but Lore talked me off a ledge. I don't know if I would or would not have bought smokes, but her support was crucial.

So yes, the brain can still kick off big time from time to time. What I do know is that if I had smoked, not only will I have kicked myself, but that it would probably smell and taste foul. I wouldn't have enjoyed it anyways. That's the power of chemical addiction. Some of us can't convince ourselves that we enjoy it, and even so we still smoke. we are a slave to it.

The good news is that there is a simple solution. Don't light up again. 

Soon it will be one year!

Jerthie123

Jun-28

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Way to go!!!