About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

It's been so long   General Chit-Chat

Started Jun-13 by strong1977; 594 views.
strong1977

Jun-13

Hello everyone, wow it's been so long since i been on here, I have been smoke free for 10 years, and holding on strong because i never want to touch another cigarette ever!  There has been a lot going on, but first let me explain who i am because maybe some of you have forgotten who I am, I'm the woman who stopped smoking in 2012 with her husband, we did this journey together and we are both still very much without smoking, I'm the girl who lost her father eleven years ago, and stopped smoking because of him and because it was too expensive, I'm the girl who smoked three packs of cigarettes a day, My name is Liz, and i am still going strong despite all of the losses in my life, and we have lost some wonderful people over the years. 

I'm the woman who has two step son's, one of which has been getting himself into a lot of issues because of drugs, so i guess i keep myself busy not wanting cigarettes because my son keeps me busy looking for him and getting him out of trouble, which is the normal thing for me.....

I don't think of smoking ever because i love my life and all that i have...

for those of you newbies, i know your struggling right now, i use to be you, but it is possible to go without smoking because i am an example of that.

thinking of you all and if you should need someone to chat with to get you thru please feel free to message me 

your non smoking friend 

for the past ten years 

Liz 

Cocoa60

Jun-16

Great going on 10 years Liz!

strong1977

Jun-16

Thank you! :) 

xvaper

Jun-19

That is a great story to hear. You powered through difficult times, and still do, without that horrific addiction to a poison.

I am inspired by your success, and although I not looking forward to being 10 years older (haha), I am looking forward to still having a life free of nicotine in 10 years time.

Thank you !

In reply toRe: msg 4
strong1977

Jun-20

You got this!!! keep strong because remember this can be done, i am an example of that. :) if ever your struggling feel free to send me a message 

Liz 

xvaper

Jun-21

Thank you so much!!

Jerthie123

Jun-28

Liz...

This post has saved me right about now.  I am grateful for your story.  I am grateful for your taking the time out to share.  I am grateful that you still care enough to check on newbies, like myself, who are struggling, and desperately need the stories of victory and wisdom from people who have achieved success!  Because of your story this morning, I might not be at a full quit today, but I am at my continuous cut down to quit!  I am at my continuous choice to keep on keeping on, even after feeling like a failure due to one relapse after another!  You are only a failure when you decide to stop trying, so I choose to keep on keeping on, and sipping that ice cold water!  I have already had 2 big glasses this morning and it's only 8:15am!  Thank you again Liz, for sharing and caring!  

In reply toRe: msg 7
Jerthie123

Jun-28

I have been successful at delaying lozenge consumption, at times denying one for three or four hours.  I did NOT end up sucking on my nightcap one last night.  I was on the forum instead, and then decided to work on my Instagram page, which was a great distraction.  So, just thought I would let you all know that.  I was successful in my resolve to do without my nightcap lozenge.  I just went on the forum, went on IG, then went to bed.  Now will I have a mid morning one?  Let me see if I can stave off mid morning and get to lunchtime.  If I can skip my 10am lozenge and wait til 12pm, it still is not a full quit, but feels like a small win for me!  So, I will hop on here at 12pm to let you all know if I had my 10am lozenge or if I was able to deny my 10am lozenge.  In Christ!

Anorah (anorah1)

Jul-14

What an amazing accomplishment, Liz!  Congratulations!  

Anorah

Smoke-free since February 2007