About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

One year!!   General Chit-Chat

Started Jun-28 by xvaper; 759 views.
xvaper

Jun-28

I'm pleased to announce my one year of sobriety!

I cant believe how quickly it passed. I want to encourage everyone to keep at it. It gets much much better. There are the odd craving, but they are far and few between, and you have tools to cope with them, plenty of advice here for those.

Read, read, and re-read. Make that information replace years of lies and addict thinking. It doesn't change with reading something once. Your addict brain will suppress it. I am encourages that the next year will bring even less cravings. 

It can be done. 

Can't thank everyone enough. Lori, Eve, Denim, Anne and countless others on this forum. It has changed my life.

Thank you  

In reply toRe: msg 1
AnnieXS

Jun-28

Welcome to the clubhouse!

Loved "Read, read, and re-read. Make that information replace years of lies and addict thinking."

It's a big deal.  I hope you are doing something special to celebrate.

Congrats!

AnnieXS

Quit May 8, 2015

SusanK1960

Jun-28

Congratulations on overcoming your addiction for a solid year!  That is just awesome!  Just keep saying no to all nicotine products and you are golden!  Stay smart!

Jerthie123

Jun-28

So inspiring!!  Thank you for posting!!

Denim50

Jun-28

Hey xvaper, 

I agree with you and with Annie. I hope you do something extra special to celebrate too. We're so happy for you! You have so many reasons today to be proud of yourself. I loved reading your celebration post. It's filled with wonderful words of encouragement and so very true too. As to your last paragraph, we've all been and still are so happy to be here for you and with you but YOU changed your life. We're so proud of you and so happy to join in your celebration today. What a amazing milestone and what a wonderful accomplishment! It's also so great to see you staying so active on the forum and supporting and encouraging others, so thank you too. wish you all the best as you keep moving forward. It really does just keep getting better. Again, big congratulations! On to year two with you....  tada 

Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited July 2, 2022 12:41 pm  by  Denim50
JavaNY

Jun-28

Congrats X!

Yes, reward yourself to go along with the nice weather.

In reply toRe: msg 6
xvaper

Jun-29

Thank you so much Annie, Suzanne, Denim, Jerthie , and Java! 

I can't celebrate right now because of work, BUT I'm going to Paris at the beginning of August, and I will eat so many cakes it will be ridiculous. 

Thank you all again xoxoxo

In reply toRe: msg 7
AnnieXS

Jun-29

LOL.  Now that is a reward!  I'm sooo jealous. :)

AnnieXS

Quit May 8, 2015

In reply toRe: msg 7
JavaNY

Jun-29

You will enjoy. I worked for a French bank for 14 years, so have been there several times. A great city. And the food really is good.

xvaper

Jul-1

Yea im excited! I usually go once a year but have not been in 3 years...can't wait!