About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2022 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jul-24 by Denim50; 9079 views.
Denim50

Aug-17

Hey Ginger, 

Sorry I'm late responding. I haven't been feeling too good but the doctor gave me some medicine so hopefully I'll be back to feeling better soon. 

Thank you too.  

What a wonderful and delicious treat to give yourself! I've heard the same about it too. It's great to find something delicious with benefits, but I may be slightly bias since I love dark chocolate anyway, lol. 

I don't mean to cut this short but I've got a few other post to make too and I'm still not feeling my best but we'll talk again soon. Hope you're doing well and having a good week. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited August 17, 2022 1:03 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

Aug-17

Hey Anthony, 

Congratulations on a month smoke free! relaxedtadaThis is a wonderful achievement! A day at a time has turned into a month. You've battled through, you've held on, you've stayed close, and you've stayed strong. You have SO much to celebrate and be proud of. We're all proud of you too! I hope you have a fun day celebrating your accomplishment. You deserve it. Keep going, keep posting, and keep taking each day as it comes. Not only can you do this, you are doing this. "YAY! WAY TO GO ANTHONY!" 

Anthony,

Today is an awesome accomplishment for you to be one month smoke free!  Congratulations!!  I am so happy for you and hope you did something to reward yourself today.  Because that is what we need to do each milestone that we achieve.  Hope you post something here on your special day and if not tomorrow.  You are doing great!

Denim50

Aug-21

Hey Ginger, 

Congratulations on 7 weeks smoke free and reaching another amazing milestone! relaxedtada I hope you've enjoyed a great day and another piece of that delicious dark chocolate. I'm so happy for you. You're doing wonderfully and I continue to wish you all the best as you keep moving forward. 

candrew

Aug-21

I just want to compliment you on the fantastic job you do for the forum. You must spend hours replying to us. It shows commitment and extraordinary care for others. I have been touched by you several times in the past. Each time I feel that you have addressed me like a close friend looking out for each other.

Thanks for being you.

Dancin'

Andrew

Ginger3077

Aug-22

Thank you again. I've read in the forum about dreams ( I call them nightmares). Had 2 this week. One was so bad I woke up upset because I dreamt I had 2 death sticks was very relieved when I realized it was a dream. My brain is punishing me for the abuse I put it through for over 50 years. Sorry I'm rambling. Onward to week 8. Thanks again for caring 

Hey Devildog!

Is today your one month quit anniversary?!?!  If so, congratulations!!!!  I may be a day or so off and if I am, I am so sorry.

Hope everything is going well for you.  Please check in and let us know!

tonypfan

Sep-2

Denim:  How do I access the discussion of those of us who quit in July 2022?   I can’t seem to find that group anymore. Please advise.  Anthony

Denim50

Sep-2

Hey Anthony, 

This is the 'July 2022 Ex-Smokers' thread so you're on the correct thread. This is your quit-buddy group, as you'll see as you look back through it. 

Each month a new thread is made to welcome that month's quitters. That new welcome thread is kept at the top of the menu, then the thread for the previous month is relocated under the 'Quit Buddies Unite' heading, which becomes it's permanent home on the forum. As a example, you'll see the 'September 2022 Ex-Smokers' thread is now at the top of the menu and the 'August 2022 Ex-Smokers' thread has now been relocated to it's permanent home under the Quit Buddies Unite' heading in the menu. Each month as the new one appears the former one is relocated there. Of course you can, as have this morning, continue to post on it. Nothing changes about your group thread except it's location. It'll remain in this location permanently. 

I hope this helps you and if you have any more questions or there's anything else I can help you with please let me know. 

Ginger3077

Sep-2

Hi Anthony. I'm a July quitter too. I quit July 4th independence day. I'm not much of a poster. I read the forum several times a day. Read your doing great. I am too. Figured I better give this old body a break from all the toxins. Luckily I'm in pretty good health. Good luck to us.