About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2022 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jul-24 by Denim50; 9427 views.
In reply toRe: msg 114
tonypfan

Sep-8

To my smoking friends who quite in July 2022. I hope all of you are doing well and beginning to feel the beneficent affects of being smoke free.  Isn’t it a wonderful feeling to begin expelling the grunge in your lungs?  This is a sure sign that the body is beginning to heal.  And isn’t it marvelous to wake up in the morning with a fog free brain, with no smokey residue circulating inside your head as a result of the previous day’s cigarettes? And don’t you feel already more relaxed throughout the day without having to step outside for a smoke or to attend an event or whatever without the need to bring a pack of smokes and to excuse yourself so you can withdraw for a cigarette?  And how much better you feel about yourself without the stench of a cigarette like a smelly halo above your head?  Yes, this a gift which we must not take for granted. 

Our Quit is truly THE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE!!!!  Lately I have been getting on my knees to give thanks for my progress to date.  I believe in miracles, don’t you?  We are accomplishing what we never thought was possible.  LET US ALL GIVE THANKS FOR OUR NEW LIFE.  WE ARE REBORN!!!!

ANTHONY

Ginger3077

Sep-8

Hi Anthony. Yes I'm feeling some benefits. It will take awhile for this old body to recuperate after 50 years of the death sticks. It's the best thing I can do and will do for myself. Take care and enjoy the freedom

tonypfan

Sep-8

Yours on the recovery path, Ginger. Your body will repair. 

In reply toRe: msg 124
tonypfan

Sep-11

Hi, All:  Hope everyone is doing well and remaining faithful to their Quit. In one week it will have been two months since my Quit. I couldn’t feel any better or prouder. After falling so often within only hours of my firmer Quits I’m truly gratified I’m still on the Path. 

that being said I congratulate all of you for staying with this forum. For me it’s become my lifeline to a some free existence. 

JavaNY

Sep-11

Great to hear Tony,

Regards all,

Paul

Denim50

Sep-11

Have a great day. relaxed 

Denim50

Sep-11

Ginger3077

Sep-12

Thanks Denim. Next week I will be visiting friends. On the 24th we're going to Laughlin nv to see Dionne Warwick in concert. Getting excited about getting out of town for a couple of weeks. Take care

Denim50

Sep-12

Hey Ginger, 

I'm sure you must be excited. That is a treat! What a great way to celebrate and to just have a bit of fun! I'm so happy for you. That sounds wonderful. I hope you all have a terrific time at the concert and throughout your two week trip. I also hope you all make a lot of wonderful, new, and happy memories together. I wish all of you safe, happy, and fun travels. 

In reply toRe: msg 125
tonypfan

Sep-28

Hello, Delphi non smokers:  October 17 will be my three month anniversary.  I am doing amazingly well.  But today I woke up wanting a cigarette.  How pernicious those smoking thoughts/urges.  They want to bring me down back into the deathly smoking chain.  I find that in spite of myself I am romancing a smoke by saying to myself:  Wow, wouldn’t it be nice to have a smoke now.?  No one will know.  I am alone on a private retreat.  I can smoke out in the woods so no one will know.  Only I will know and , of course, I can smoke the entire pack of Marboro Reds, and begin again tomorrow.  

I have done the above countless times with the end result I go out and have those smokes but instead of quitting the next day I run out and buy another pack promising I will quit the next day.  

I would love to hear your comments on how I can best rid myself of that temporary craving.  Just writing it takes the edge off.  

I NEED YOUR HELP.  I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ONE CIGARETTE.  I KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN.  DURING MY PRIVATE RETREAT I WILL MAKE TIME TO KEEP ON POSTING AND TIME TO READ YOUR ENCOURAGING POSTS.  

THANK YOU FOR YOUIR HELP.  ANTHONY