About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

So excited!!   General Chit-Chat

Started Aug-6 by modCindi (CindiS319); 910 views.

I am very honored that Denim has asked me to be a mod for this Forumily.  We have been quit sisters since March 9, 2018 and she has been such an instrumental factor that I have been absolutely smoke-free since that day.  After 35 years of smoking, I am still amazed that I am still free of this addiction and am so grateful for her friendship and support.  As most of you know, my husband still smokes and I keep trying to help him break free of this horrible thing.

I hope I can help and support others the way she does here because I think she is just amazing.  I was so excited to learn that she was taking over hosting the Forum.  She is also the one that designed my key and I really hope she designs my (our) wings next March when we reach five years!  Thank you again my friend!  Hugs forever!

slowblumer

Aug-8

Hello Cindy,

Congratulations on putting the Mod hat on.  The forum could not ask for a better person for this role.  

Aww...thank you Marge.  That really means a BUNCH to me coming from you.  You were always there whenever we needed you and I hope I can do the same to help others.

Gersheps

Aug-9

Hi Cindi,

Mega-congrats on being appointed a mod.  You are joining a noble brotherhood/sisterhood of successful quitters who have stepped up to help others quit this crappy addiction.  Without this forum I'd not have quit 7+ years ago.

You mention you smoked for 35 years.  I smoked 2 packs a day for almost 40.  You say that your husband hasn't quit.  I was continually patting myself on the back for quitting in March 2015 and thinking how smart I was to have quit after so many years.  I found out I wasn't so smart when I had radiation for stage 1 Lung Cancer.  You might want to let your husband know that you can't quit soon enough.  I'm sweating a growth in the other lung that is behaving exactly the same way the last one did.  So here I am over 7 years quit and possibly facing Lung Cancer again.  Anyone see a disconnect here?

I can tell you one thing.  I have discovered the best way to quit:  don't ever start.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the congratulations.  I really appreciate it.

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this and will keep you in my thoughts and sending good vibes for a positive prognosis.  I guess for us the damage is already done.  I was just diagnosed with asthma a few months ago and am on meds for that.  Fingers crossed that's the only damage I've done to my body in all those years.

I am so grateful my only daughter was so pro-non-smoking and never started.  I will keep on my husband with my nagging.  Everyone thinks it can't happen to them.

Best wishes...

SueP (josep2001)

Aug-9

Congratulations Cindi,

Know you and Denim will be doing a great job giving support to all the new folks.

Good luck to all.

sue quit 3/17/2016

Sue, 

Thank you so much!  I can't tell you how much you helped me along in my quit process.  Hope to see you still posting and giving inspiration to others because you are amazing!

SueP (josep2001)

Aug-9

Hi Cindi,

Thank you. I do not get on the forum much anymore.

I think the hardest thing to get across to people is they are the only one that can make themselves quit.

Probably the hardest thing that any of us ever will do, I hope.

sue quit 3/17/2016