About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

48yrsmokin is celebrating one year!    One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Sep-12 by Denim50; 441 views.
Denim50

Sep-12

Hey Ed, 

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you on having reached your first smoke free year! relaxedtada I hope you did something special to celebrate your wonderful achievement. What a great accomplishment it is too! You held on even through the rocky patches and you kept going. Look at you now! This month, celebrating one year. You have so much to be proud of. We're all happy for too. A day at a time, one milestone at a time, YOU DID IT! NICE GOING ED! Best wishes as you keep moving forward on your smoke free journey. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited September 12, 2022 8:53 am  by  Denim50
48yrsmokin

Sep-12

Thank you very much Denim. Yes it is time to celebrate and I will. Looking forward to the many years to come smoke free. Yes it's always abattle but I will survive I'm not giving into the urges.    YES IT IS A GREAT TIME. LOvin it. Thanks Ed

Anne2020

Sep-12

HORRAY, YOU MUST BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF - PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK - YOU MADE IT THE FIRST MOST CRUTIAL YEAR OF YOUR NEW NON-SMOKING LIFESTYLE.  WELL DONE.  This is nothing short of a job well done.  CHEERS!!!Congratulations congrats discover GIF - Find on GIFER

slowblumer

Sep-12

Hello Ed,

I had to stop in and congratulate you on your one-year anniversary.  Welcome to the Club House.   You did not give into the urges, and you are retraining your brain.  A huge amount of progress takes place in the first year--HUGE.  

Note - Don't be surprised if you have a few struggles in year two.  It is normal especially if you experience any very stressful events.   

48yrsmokin

Sep-13

Yep my last Quit went 18 months when I gave in to,the SINGLE SMOKE just1 it wouldn't hurt. learned my 1 smoke don't get it rule. Smoked 6 months and did THE QUITagain. This time I know NO JUST 1 SMOKE. Been the rule  and I know. It will not happen again,  Thanks for everyones help.   NOPE is the WORD.

Eve1973

Sep-13

Congratulations! 

Yes I can see how the “just one” could happen. Hey everyone has a that learning experience…… you are now better off.

Keep it up and know that if that “just one” pops it’s head, to come here and read!

Congrats again!

SusanK1960

Sep-16

Ed, congratulations on your win!  If the urge becomes overwhelming, meditate for a few minutes, drink some water, eat something, or just get up and wash your hands, anything but give into the urge.  I am so happy you have done it again!