About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2 weeks in   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Oct-6 by whirlygirl80; 704 views.
whirlygirl80

Oct-6

Hi everyone,

I have 2 weeks down and feeling a lot better. I got really sick and my chest was so tight and dry that I could not smoke even if I wanted to. It would make me throw up and I was scared I would aspirate. I feel a lot better but I still have smoker’s cough (coughing a lot and coughing up a lot of phlegm). I know my lungs are healing and I’m grateful. I smoked for over 25 years. I’m in my early 40’s and have a 5 year old daughter who is my life. A big reason I am on this quitting journey is so I can hopefully live longer to be there for her. 

Denim50

Oct-6

Hey whirlygirl, 

Welcome to the forum. We're happy to have you joining us here. 

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and on two weeks smoke free. That's terrific. tada 

If you would, please post your quit date so that we can celebrate your milestones with you. We all support and cheer each other on here. 

I'm going to leave some articles here for you. Two of them pertaining to what you've mentioned in your post. The third one about what's known as the 'icky threes', as you're moving into week three. So, please read, post, join in, and remember to reach out anytime you need a bit of added support. We're all here for you and each other.

I wish you all the best toward your smoke free success and look forward to seeing you around the forum. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

Anne2020

Oct-6

Two weeks is an excellent start.  You are laying a good foundation to build your smoke free lifestyle for you and your family.  You not only save your life but your daughter's life as well.  Nice work.

Congratulations - keep at it, one day at a time will quickly grow into weeks, months and years, by one day at a time.

Cheers  

whirlygirl80

Oct-6

Thank you! I’m so glad I found this group! I appreciate your encouragement.

whirlygirl80

Oct-6

Thank you so much Denim50!

I read the articles and they were very informative and helpful. I’m excited and nervous about this journey. 

Cocoa60

Oct-7

Congrats on stopping the poison smoke.  Keep up the good work.

Ernie

JavaNY

Oct-10

Congrats and welcome Whirlygirl.  A decision you and your daughter will never regret. It gets easier over time. 

Stay strong,

Msg 7325.8 deleted
Denim50

Oct-30

Hey Whirlygirl, 

We haven't heard from you in quite a while. How are doing with your quit? Please reach out anytime you need a bit of added support.

Best wishes. 

Have a great day. relaxed