About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Debs Quit Journal   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/23/15 by Deb (fluffersDeb); 44047 views.
In reply toRe: msg 257

Just thought I'd add a post to my Quit Story during this Covid19 Pandemic. I'm a retired nurse now working as a Covid Screener at my local hospital. I'm thrilled to be over 7 years quit. I cannot imagine still smoking during these dreadful times. 

I am thrilled to see all the new quitters tackling this wicked tough drug addiction. When I re-read my journal here I see all the battles and milestones I conquered and the empowerment I felt once  the cravings faded away. 

The pay it forward support we give each other in the daily battle is so worth it. Yes it's so anxiety provoking and our moods can get out of hand but be proud each and every time you make it through another craving. Smoking cigarettes just sucks the live out of us and we can outwit that nicotine monster voice of addiction by daily NOPING, using the 3 D's and staying in control by remaining positive. I smoked for over 44 years and this magical forum helped me successfully quit. 

So, read all the motivational entries and help each other get through another day smoke free. 

I know all of us look forward to a world free of this deadly virus. This past year has been so very sad for so many families. I see many people as a Covid screener and I try to put a smile on everyone I meet. We need to keep supporting each other through this pandemic just like we need to support each other with quitting smoking. Good luck to everyone and remember Just Don't Smoke as Smoking is no longer an Option.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013