About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Former About.com COPD Forum Members   General Chit-Chat

Started 8/24/15 by Garysix2; 244467 views.
Bonsville

3/4/19

Triff,

I'm glad you're having an easier time with your new meds!

You wrote: "Of course having said that we have those ups and downs and when its a bad down we wonder all those unspoken thoughts and just cant see our way forward.Its so difficult for others to understand but this group is really helpful even if there are fewer people.I used to read it and I feel those who have gone before would be hoping we all carried on while we could."

You were reading my mind with the above, because I don't think I posted about feeling down. Or did I? I can't find where I did and I've looked. But you nailed it. Some moments are very hard. I usually manage to work through a bad spell, so I don't spend a huge hunk of time feeling down, but sometimes in the morning I do feel bad about the whole thing and have trouble seeing things from the perspective of eternity. But I believe the Lord has things well in hand. I think you really captured the crux of the benefit of online communities when you said that "those who have gone before would be hoping we all carried on while we could."  (Whether you mean carry on with posting to the forum or life in general, I'm not sure, but I suppose it's true for both, don't you think?) That's so true. Thank you for the reminder. 

Good to hear from you!

Bonsville

• Edited March 4, 2019 11:38 am  by  Bonsville
Bonsville

3/4/19

Bob,

Did you hear about the tornado in Alabama? Do you still have Kathy's e-mail address? I don't have it here and I don't see a way to look up users. I was hoping to touch base with her.

SueP (josep2001)

3/4/19

Bonnie, 

I like Inspire better then the other also. Agree the other one is not user friendly.

My nephew in Providence got 12 inches so you probably got about that much also. We only got about 3 this time around.

Have a good day....sue

Bonsville

3/4/19

I had forgotten that Kathy (aka Kooky Kathy) and I are Facebook friends. I just wrote her and heard back. She's doing fine and the tornadoes were not close to her (this time, she says). They get lots of tornadoes in the spring and summer down there.

Triff (breathefree)

3/5/19

Bonnie I just sort of posted from somewhere inside me too.I was thinking about all the lovely people who have helped us and taught us so much.One lady I think was Dorothy?? She was a dear and many others and although they may have passed on their wisdom has been shared and become part of us.

Taking about feeling down after having you breathing episode scare the hell out of you and while wondering if you will come through it and it is so scary.I think we realize "Wow made it through"and t stops us a bit.It make sme mre carful and I lose confidence and its then talking or reading others words can set us up with a wee bit of strength as we wobble through it or spend days resting .

While we try to maintain our confidence and strength its very different for those who can actually breathe without thinking.Image if you  congratulated yourself on walking a few steps unaided those healthy and fit people around would think we are nuts if we said Yay.

One nurse told me to give someone a straw and block their nose then ask them to do a normal days work.They cant do it.

I have actually had a real emotional down as my lawyer is going away for 6 weeks and it leaves me feeling vulnerable and also forgotten as I haven heard from her.Being mainly housebound they seem to forget us some what.If I was waiting in their office they would see me yet if they forget to turn up here they dont say anything.Off to rest after working slowly outside planting salads in a container at my back door.I love the birdsong although they will love my tasty baby plants

Triff

rgs97

4/22/19

Well we made it to spring.  Rain, wind and ugh for today.  Nothing frm Mike which I assume is not good news.  Hope you are decent and let's hope for some god breathing weather, right? bob s.

Triff (breathefree)

4/26/19

Hi Reg glad youare decent and hope your spring is warm for you.Spring and Atumn are easier month apart from the pollen.I hope its a good breathing day for you .

I am in autumn and its strange,warmer,drier and windy which also makes breathing hard.Sorry we havent heard from Mike isnt it.

Triff

Triff (breathefree)

5/13/19

Hi Bonnie and all just letting you know I am still around.Hit a very,very bad time but thanks to family,Ambulance and ED I am back again.

Bonnie did you belong to Sensational Seniors because if so they would love you to say HI

Exhausted as I suffer the paradox of prednisone.Came off it carefully but it still threw me so back to build up again and hope my body takes over next time we try

Triff

Bonsville

5/13/19

Triff,

I'm sorry to hear you were sick, but glad you're on the mend. No, I don't know what Sensational Seniors. I'm doing well, gettng stronger each day. I was thinking about this group just this morning and figuring it had finally gone permanently quiet. I only come here when I get a message (like just now with yours) telling me there's a message to read.

I hope Bob and Sue are okay.

Please take care and don't do too much, okay?

Triff (breathefree)

5/14/19

Bonnie so pleased you are doing well.Its great to make little steps forward and so pleased it works for you and summer means you can go out more on cooler days.

Thanks fo rthe reminde rto rest as Itend to forget and try pushing too much.I know Imust rest and get stronger again and Iguess its early days yet.

I saw a mention in a group of older quitters here and they always wonder how Bonnie is and Iwondered if they were in your quit group earlier on and am not sure when you all came here.Didnt you come from the old site when it moved suddenly?

Ihope yo uare getting work and managing well too

Triff