About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Word Association   Jokes and Games

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 280064 views.
Eve1973

Jun-5

Hi Susan! 

Bondage

Eve1973

Jun-5

Haha.......How you dooooing?

Funny I was watching Friends earlier and this quit is kicking me, I was crying (sad ) watching it. Then thankfully they made me laugh! 

Forceful 

SusanK1960

Jun-5

Way to kick back!  You are doing good!  I have read some people find peace in their quit between 120-140 days.  Hopefully, it will happen soon for you!

Hurricane

Eve1973

Jun-5

Tornado 

Did u find peace? You are almost 8 months now

SusanK1960

Jun-6

alley

I did find peace.  That isn’t saying that the rest of the journey doesn’t have its challenges, however, that first peace to me is acceptance.  I picture it as the foundation has been completed.

Eve1973

Jun-6

I like that..... the 1st peace. Acceptance......hmmm right now in my relaxed state, I would say acceptance is there. But not sure if it will go away. You are so wise! I hope you continue your support.

Cat

SusanK1960

Jun-7

As you’ve gone thru the first few months, the junkie thinking has been going on a lot, like every hour at first, some stronger than others, like after dinner was the one that was hardest to get over, but believe it or not, with each day, those thoughts probably have lessened each day, either by number or time, so that one day around 120-140 days you think, WOW, I didn’t think of smoking yesterday and today at 6:37 pm was the first thought.  That is the acceptance that you are doing this cessation thing and it’s working!  You are doing so well to get this far!

stray

Eve1973

Jun-7

Hair

Thanx Susan, so are you! You have gone through a lot and not picked up or decided to justify relapsing! You are my inspiration! Yes i believe you are correct, some days are great, hardly think of it at all, then BAM out of nowhere it rears it’s ugly head. But It is getting easier. Tomorrow will be the TEST. Back to work......and those triggers still around (I think). I was only quit for less than 60 days before I left. I know I CAN GET THROUGH, just not sure if can do it pleasantly! Lol

JerseyDee

Jun-7

Cut

Hi Eve!  Just reading through your exchange with Susan.  Back to work tomorrow .. good luck.  From what I recall you work with some smokers .. I hope that is not too tempting on you.  Have something in hand like a pen to tap or something or the other in place I would think might be a good tactic.  Some sort of distraction.

So .. PA is opening back up if you're going back to work.  I think I heard your Gov is going to make some sort of announcement on 6/22 and I think Murphy here in NJ doing the same .. My hair is beyond imagination with how overgrown and lack of highlghts at root but is so on ends ..  I have given up trying to style it and just wear it pulled back in a bun .. fine if I was in lockdown .. but I have to got to work like this .. feel a real mess.

Looking forward to hair dresser opening, gym opening, and life starting to go back to normal.  I AM planning a trip down the shore in a few weeks, however, and I think that will make life feel more normal again and I can appreciate summer and life more than I have been for months now .. a chance to recharge and regroup ..

Will be weird being down there a non-smoker .. this will be my first time on a beach since childhood where i won't be laying out in the sun and smoking.  I would always smoke on beach.  Not a careless smoker though .. would always put my butts out in the sand then take all the butts with me when I packed up to leave and throw them away in trash can .. Never left a mess behind .. but i used to find laying on beach and smoking so relaxing .. now I find the idea pretty yucky ..

I suppose that means i have turned some sort of corner in this journey.  Smoking seems pretty silly now .. who in the world even thought of the idea of putting tobacco in paper and lighting the sucker up?  .. And all the other junk they add to it .. who was the mastermind behind this addictive crap? .. They deserve a thump on the head!

Are you looking forward to getting back to work?  Has staying home for so long been enough on you already?