About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cazza's junkie journal   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 7/4/17 by Cazza2468; 5513 views.
Cazza2468

2/9/18

Yes Thankyou Suzy

8 weeks and almost 2 full months

i must admit I have been feeling a little agitated these past couple of days. I guess it is the icky third month  I hope it is not going to be like this for the whole month. On the bright side the nagging I am feeling is nothing like the first couple of days

i think once you get to month 4 things really start to settle down

how are you doing. You sound upbeat and positive. Have a great smoke free day

caz

Suzy2018

2/9/18

Hi Caz,

I'm ok, thank you - this has been the hardest day so far, but it's only a couple of hours off bedtime and I haven't smoked, so that's good. 

And YOU haven't smoked either, which is even better!  They do say the third month is hard - you're over the euphoria of actually, finally having done it, but not quite at the peaceful happy place all the long-term quitters talk about.   

I say 'they do say' but actually I know - I once quit for just over a year (my most successful ever, and I still can't believe I thought it was ok to have just the one) - and remember struggling around 8-9 weeks, but it did get easier after that.   It wasn;t so bad - just a bit niggly - and as you say, it's nothing like week 1!  I can absolutely confirm that you DEFINITELY don't want to be back where I am!

Very best wishes, and I'm counting on you to light the road ahead.

Suzy

Cazza2468

2/10/18

Yes Suzy

we all think we can have that one cigarette.  But we can’t, it only leads to misery. The misery of returning to full time smoking.

i hope you have a wonderful smoke free day.  You are getting closer to that first elusive 1 week free.

caz

In reply toRe: msg 37
Cazza2468

Jul-14

Well after wandering around here I found this old journal that I had started ona quit a couple of years ago.  Time to bring it out for a bit of an airing.

Reading though the old posts reminds me to remain vigilant and not to become complacent.  

At 5 months I am feeling pretty good and have days when I literally do not think of smoking but there is still the odd day that can be very annoying with stupid smoking thoughts rumbling around in my head.

Keeping active has been my my saviour.  I think it has become my new obsession replacing the old unhealthy one.

caz

Eve1973

Aug-12

You are today 6 months! Skimming through your journal, I see this is the 3rd time you are here. I am so happy that you didn’t give up! 

Just remember to always NOPE, even if just in your head! If I see someone smoking I just think NOPE! 3rd time is a charm and remember to always always reward yourself on milestones! It helps. Plus it reminds you that you need to continue so you can reward yourself next month. No matter what don’t ever give up! You can do this!

Cazza2468

Aug-13

Thankyou so much eve. So nice to have the support.

yeah I have been here a few times but that was on the back of an 8 year quit. This really is a terrible addiction and you really need to stay on guard for a long time. Never think you can just have that one

good luck with your quit and keep on noping

caz

Eve1973

Aug-13

Yes! I will stay on my guard! I think that is the pit fall of thinking “oh I can just have one” but I definitely know I can’t! I would be back to 2 or 3 then a pack, then cartons. Nope definitely Do Not want to do that! Keep plugging along, soon you will back to to a year!