About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1333750 views.
Cocoa60

5/7/20

Morning Cherie.  Forgot yesterday was your 5 months.  Congrats on a great anniversary. 

Smoking was so bad and so great to leave it behind.

Ernie

cherbearquit

5/7/20

Thanks Ernie! Haven’t been online much lately. Our internet has been acting up off and on and it drives me nuts. I think it might be due to local increased usage since everyone is stuck at home. Some of our counties are moving from the red to yellow phase tomorrow. Not much different than the red phase except you are advised to stay home instead of being ordered to. Certain things will open like golf courses and private campgrounds but restaurants will still be takeout only. Lots of places will still be closed. The governor is supposed to announce more counties tomorrow for moving to yellow on the 15th, so I am hoping we are included this time! I want to be with the grands even if it’s only twice a week! This has been very difficult for my daughter trying to work from home with the kids running wild all day. Lol! They learned how to call me using FaceTime. They must have called me 20 times the other day. I am glad to hear from them though. I am also very happy to have reached the 5 month milestone! It is getting so much easier now, just fleeting thoughts now and then. Nothing like it was in the beginning. I will never go back to that nasty habit! It’s supposed to get pretty cold here for the next couple of days. Crazy weather pattern lately. Take care Ernie and stay healthy. 
Cherue

cherbearquit

5/7/20

Thanks Susan! Feels great to reach that 5 month milestone, as things are much easier to deal with now. No major cravings or excessive anxiety and the insomnia and other quirks have finally subsided. Just dealing with the stress of this virus and stay at home situation. Hopefully our county will be included in the governors announcement tomorrow as moving from red to yellow effective the 15th. We were not included with the counties for the 8th. Not much changes moving from red to yellow but at least I will be able to see the grandkids. I have been talking to them a lot lately since they figured out how to use FaceTime, but it’s not the same as seeing them in person. I hope you are doing well! Take care and stay healthy! 
Cherie

Cocoa60

5/8/20

Morning Cherie.  So glad you are making it, almost half a year.  I sorta remember those times but not that well.  I still have the Subaru Baja I bought then.   My Cocoa dog was born then and is gone now.

My doctor is moving on to something better.  Happens all the time now, every two to three years.  Then the new doctor wants me to come in every 60 to 90 days.  Not doing that this time, tired of it.  Have to fast and get a blood test every time.

We're supposed to get a couple inches of snow tonight, then a blustery Saturday.   Brandy and I will get our walk in before it starts.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Susan1206

5/8/20

Dear Cherie ~

Yes, all will open here around the 12 - 15 and 21st.  I don't plan to make  lot of changes in my routine ~ will opt out of eating in restaurants for quite a while.  Yes, to seeing the grandchildren.  Bronwen will come for an overnight visit tonight.

Happy Mother's Day to you and Ernie's wife and Miss Kitty and all who come to visit us ~

Susan

Kittyarnold

5/9/20

and Happy Mother's day to you Susan....and stay well...daughter sent a picture of snowy deck....what a wacky world we have right now....

Kittyarnold

5/9/20

Happy 5 months and many congrats...Florida is kind of crazy with openings and too soon...restaurants open inside only 25 % and take out....or outside dining...

Kittyarnold

5/10/20

Love that picture too...thanks for sharing and today is your wife's day tell her I said Happy Mother's day.....