About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1312808 views.
Susan1206

Jun-2

Hi Ernie ~

Hoping to get the inside of the CRV cleaned out today.  Picture one 100 lb. golden retriever who lols around in the back seat.   The late husband always would clean my car.....the new hubby doesn't.  LOL.   I guess I will run it through the Goo-Gone Car Wash if I can get all of the hair swept up.  It's supposed to rain later.

So much unrest everywhere.  I told Jim I am happy that we are the age we are...... worry about our children and their children....what kind of country we will have in twenty years......  I fly our American Flag each day and pray that all of this civil unrest will end.  Bad enough that we are in a pandemic and now all of this.

On that solemn note, I say carry on.  We are smoke free and relatively happy and much much to be thankful for.

Hugs, Susan

Cocoa60

Jun-3

Morning Susan.  I remember our cities burning in the late 60s along with Martin Luther King being shot and then the National Guard shooting Vietnam War protesters in two states.  All that only a short time after President Kennedy had been shot.  Seemed worse back then but I was young.  I lived on a farm in rural PA so it seemed like it was a world away from me.  Not much different now, I haven't seen anyone get the virus or die.

We have a Rav4 with an area for Brandy and easy to clean.  I still have my Subaru I got back in 07 when we stopped smoking, was crowded in there with grands and a dog.

We will have to head out on our walk soon, strong storms today at about 11AM on.  I bought a John Deere garden tractor couple years ago when our next door neighbor moved, did the maintenance on it, washed it and waxed it, last couple days.  I took it over to my daughters and gave it to her.  I'm having a hard time keeping her old Craftsman running and her lawn was a foot high in many places, had to go over it twice.  She has a much larger lawn than we do.

Opening the pool.  Chloranator cell says no flow.  Think I have a broke wire.  If the flow sensor is bad I saved the old cell so maybe the sensor from that will fit.  I changed it over to salt water about 10 years ago.  Other than that all is going well.

Hope your day goes well.

Ernie

• Edited June 3, 2020 6:13 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Jun-3

You sound like a handy guy to have around...My husband is like that...not with mechanicals but house building , electric, plumbing etc....we are cooler today the high is only supposed to be 84 instead of 90's  cloudy and rain again today   stay well

Cocoa60

Jun-4

Morning Kitty.  Wasn't a broken wire, the flow sensor is actually gone bad.  Ordered a new one but won't be here until Tuesday.  I bypassed the flow sensor circuit in the main circuit board so it will start measuring salt in the pool water and start chlorinating.  I bought 7 bags of salt and put 2 in so far.

Supposed to be 84 here today so Brandy and I have to head out soon.  Going up from 74 instead of down from 90.

Wife is a very good and kind person, to kind for this world in many situations.  She should have gotten a better person than me but I try.

Have a great day and stay cool.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-5

we just accepted an offer on our house....if it all works closing will be Aug 1  good time to go north and look for a house.....mixed feelings....get it over with but love this place...and the paradise it is here....

Cocoa60

Jun-6

Morning Kitty.  Glad it's working out for you two.  A lot of stress looking for a new home but fun and exciting at the same time.

It's 64 here before daylight so Brandy and I need to get our walk in very early.  Think we have a cool down after today.

The Dept of Motor Vehicles is still shut down here so had to register my Monte Carlo by UPS.  Cost me $24, lot of running around,

and copying stuff.  My insurance company is a pain, always way over estimate my rate from the agents pc, then get a refund later.

I would have left the SS on the road this last Winter if I knew this was coming up.

Hope all goes well in the transition, have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-6

thanks Ernie....hope the registration goes well....we will starting packing small amounts of stuff that we won't be using and so it begins....we have thunderstorms right now with some sprinkling likely to become rain....

Cocoa60

Jun-7

Morning Kitty.  I saw rain by Tampa, think part of a tropical storm.  Another one, hope it disappears before it gets here, don't need another.

I remember you packing some stuff up early, Spring and Fall.  This should be the last time.

Only 52 here this morning but the sun is coming out early and will warm up.  Some animal was crying outside this morning so Brandy started whining.

Good luck with packing, sad leaving your southern home.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-7

we are having rainy and cloudy and thunderstorms from Christobel....high surf....checked out the beach yesterday....looked like we were on the Atlantic side instead of the gulf

Cocoa60

Jun-8

Morning Kitty.  Forecast was right for our morning, 46 degrees.  Supposed to be 52 and sunny at 8, so that's when Brandy and I will head out.

I stayed up late so we would get up later. 

Gave my John Deere mower to my daughter like I said and got her lawn mowed.  Had to go over most of it twice, where I didn't mow when working

on the old one.  Gave my other daughter some money.  She keeps on renting so I don't know of anything she needs.

I put a little stand out here by the snack bar for my parents old 1957 phone, was kind of hidden on the snack bar with other stuff.

A little 3 legged wooden stand I got at a garage sale or someone put out by the road, don't remember.

Have a great day Kitty, hope the storm moves out unless you want the break from the sun.  We don't want the rain here.  sunglasses

Ernie