About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1289690 views.
Kittyarnold

Jun-5

we just accepted an offer on our house....if it all works closing will be Aug 1  good time to go north and look for a house.....mixed feelings....get it over with but love this place...and the paradise it is here....

Cocoa60

Jun-6

Morning Kitty.  Glad it's working out for you two.  A lot of stress looking for a new home but fun and exciting at the same time.

It's 64 here before daylight so Brandy and I need to get our walk in very early.  Think we have a cool down after today.

The Dept of Motor Vehicles is still shut down here so had to register my Monte Carlo by UPS.  Cost me $24, lot of running around,

and copying stuff.  My insurance company is a pain, always way over estimate my rate from the agents pc, then get a refund later.

I would have left the SS on the road this last Winter if I knew this was coming up.

Hope all goes well in the transition, have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-6

thanks Ernie....hope the registration goes well....we will starting packing small amounts of stuff that we won't be using and so it begins....we have thunderstorms right now with some sprinkling likely to become rain....

Cocoa60

Jun-7

Morning Kitty.  I saw rain by Tampa, think part of a tropical storm.  Another one, hope it disappears before it gets here, don't need another.

I remember you packing some stuff up early, Spring and Fall.  This should be the last time.

Only 52 here this morning but the sun is coming out early and will warm up.  Some animal was crying outside this morning so Brandy started whining.

Good luck with packing, sad leaving your southern home.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-7

we are having rainy and cloudy and thunderstorms from Christobel....high surf....checked out the beach yesterday....looked like we were on the Atlantic side instead of the gulf

Cocoa60

Jun-8

Morning Kitty.  Forecast was right for our morning, 46 degrees.  Supposed to be 52 and sunny at 8, so that's when Brandy and I will head out.

I stayed up late so we would get up later. 

Gave my John Deere mower to my daughter like I said and got her lawn mowed.  Had to go over most of it twice, where I didn't mow when working

on the old one.  Gave my other daughter some money.  She keeps on renting so I don't know of anything she needs.

I put a little stand out here by the snack bar for my parents old 1957 phone, was kind of hidden on the snack bar with other stuff.

A little 3 legged wooden stand I got at a garage sale or someone put out by the road, don't remember.

Have a great day Kitty, hope the storm moves out unless you want the break from the sun.  We don't want the rain here.  sunglasses

Ernie

Susan1206

Jun-10

Hi Ernie,

Off to Menards to pick up our stainless subway tile backsplash.  They have the system down pat with a drive through the back into a huge area ~ walk in with your bar code ~ load your car.

We've struggled with painting an old IKEA cupboard.  There was a lacquer red finish and Jim used a deglosser that did not work.  We painted it a terra cotta color.  Long story short, all of the paint bubbled and would not adhere.  Then, a scraper to take all off.  Consult with Sherwin & Williams.   Sanding it with a 1994 sander that is a huge job.  Then, we must paint with a primer, then our colored top coat.  I store many many dishes in there or trust me...it would be OUT THE DOOR.  Have spent countless hours on this thing....

Storms predicted this afternoon.  We need the rain.  

Susan

Susan1206

Jun-10

Hi Kitty ~

Yes, that storm has created some havoc.  Winds and rain to come this afternoon but I'm not sure if it is from that particular storm.  We need the rain.

You will have a very busy July getting things ready.  This will be a big move for you both.

My plants are doing well and that makes me happy :-)

Susan

Kittyarnold

Jun-10

all the shells are packed and all the books and everything on the screen porch....have cleaned out some kitchen drawers and gotten rid of stuff that it makes no sense to pack and move....bread bag clips??  I don't think so...may start outside tomorrow....all the frogs and wind chimes etc....so far everything is going smoothly and we hope it continues that way....

Cocoa60

Jun-12

Morning Susan.  Glad your remodeling is going well.  I've been doing smaller simpler projects the last couple days.  Get them out of the way and they're morale boosters.  smile

Kitty finally leaving Paradise, I would've liked to buy it but to much money for us.  Kitty said prices went way up after they purchased there.

Got a visit from our granddaughter this week but didn't get a pizza night with the other grands and daughter.  Did give my older daughter the John Deere mower we had spare, gave my younger daughter the equivalent in cash.  Lucky we don't have 5 or 7 kids.  smile

My wife has to get Father's day gift for her father today and birthday gift for her mom, and cards.  Lot of time and effort.  They are in their 80s, lucky my parents are long gone.

Have a great day Susan and Kitty, very nice weather day here.

Ernie

• Edited June 12, 2020 6:00 am  by  Cocoa60