About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1313908 views.
Cocoa60

Jun-27

Morning Kitty.  Lots of rain storms coming this morning so maybe a walk later today, will have to  use the elliptical this morning.

Would be terrible trying to walk in your weather.

Wife's 2 year old Rav4 has a defective transfer case clutch.  Thought it would be simpler.  Last Rav4 had no problems until the guy hit it head on.

At least it went during the warranty period.

Couldn't continue digging the drainage ditches yesterday, ground was to wet from the rain.  Now we have more heavy rain coming.

Have a great day on the island Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-27

another sunny day on Sanibel with the temp already 81....not sure what the agenda will be today...maybe all the outdoor stuff should be gathered today....no energy for much....we will see....have a good day...

Cocoa60

Jun-28

Morning Kitty.  Very wet here, many say we need the rain but I don't.   Not to finish excavating.

The rain stopped for the afternoon so Brandy and I got our walk in even though it was very warm for us.  Supposed to get more rain 11-12 today.

Got a long awaited job done indoors yesterday.  Cleaned out our coat closet, including gloves, hats, motorcycle clothes, various other stuff.

Someone was sitting a large puppy, about Brandy's size, on our walking route and Brandy got to meet him.  They would've played for hours if the guy would've let them.

Another wet day, will find something to do, many jobs waiting.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-28

we didn't get rain...altho the temp got up to 95  no outside for me...we did accomplish things yesterday...Brian gathered all our outside ornaments...concrete frogs and lady bugs and sand dollars etc and washed them...they are ready to pack once they are dry...I packed some of the linen closets today I might pack our coat closet...we found a house up north that we liked on the computer....may have our daughters go check it out....will keep you posted....

Cocoa60

Jun-29

Morning Kitty.  We got more rain yesterday, lots of it.  Good for the farmers with all the fields planted for the year.  Not so good for me.

It was so dry, thought I had plenty of time.

Brandy and I have to walk early because I have two ultrasounds this morning.  Have one for the Aortic stent and another to check Carotid Arteries.

Starts at 7 AM.  Can't even drink water until after.

Strange packing for the last time.  Glad you're excited about a new house. 

Cleaned part of the basement yesterday and we got groceries.  I have an appointment to get tires mounted and an inspection for the Monte Carlo SS at 10 AM, to busy to get groceries today.

Have a nice day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-29

help your tests have positive results....your life sounds kind of busy....

Susan1206

Jun-29

Hi Ernie ~

I just friended you...well, I hope it was you...looked like your pups and the pool on FB.  If not, well then, I guess I had a problem.

Not to worry, the CYC is hardly worth thinking about.  Hoity-toity (most likely expensive and a business write off for his son)  See and be seen ~ hardly my cup of tea.   

Wishing our neighborhood pool would have opened this summer.  It's going to be a very hot week.  The antique cupboard is done.  Weather wash (gray) stain turned out terrific.  I will have to post a picture.  Can't wait to shove all of the boxes of antique dishes inside.  I've missed it!

Hope to see Miss Bronwen tomorrow afternoon.  She hasn't been over in a few weeks to play.  I have Miss Kitty's Sanibel shells in sand with a rake and a shovel rather like a terrarium.  She gets a huge kick out of that.

Carry on...as they say.    Susan

Susan1206

Jun-29

Hi Miss Kitty ~

When is your target date to depart for North?   Hot...very hot projected this week.  Finn is only too too happy to stay in the a.c. most of the day.  My New Guinea impatience in the window box look like death warmed over by afternoon.  Takes almost an entire watering can to revive them.  Lots of scorched out common grounds here ~ even though we had God's water...it wasn't enough.

Susan

Susan1206

Jun-29

Hi Cherie ~

Wondering how life is treating you these days.  Very hot here in Ohio this week.  Finn likes the cool tile in our master bathroom (kind of like a den).  I did way too much work today.  Washing (up and down the steps numerous times), folding clothes, finishing our antique cupboard, gathering four boxes of the "stuff" from the dining room that goes into the cupboard.  

Bum knee.....hoping the injections later this month give some relief.  If not, knee replacement is most likely around the corner.

Hope all is well and you are doing o.k. with your quit.  Me...I still look at my SQuit monitor on my screen..... 10 years, 7 months......  a long time...   Hugs, Susan

Kittyarnold

Jun-29

target date is July 24th   stuff is getting organized....I am so ready to be "gone"  that would mean we were done.,..out daughters are looking at a house for sale up there that looks interesting....wouldn't that be fun...buy a house that you have only seen on the computer