About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1340763 views.
Susan1206

Jun-29

Hi Cherie ~

Wondering how life is treating you these days.  Very hot here in Ohio this week.  Finn likes the cool tile in our master bathroom (kind of like a den).  I did way too much work today.  Washing (up and down the steps numerous times), folding clothes, finishing our antique cupboard, gathering four boxes of the "stuff" from the dining room that goes into the cupboard.  

Bum knee.....hoping the injections later this month give some relief.  If not, knee replacement is most likely around the corner.

Hope all is well and you are doing o.k. with your quit.  Me...I still look at my SQuit monitor on my screen..... 10 years, 7 months......  a long time...   Hugs, Susan

Kittyarnold

Jun-29

target date is July 24th   stuff is getting organized....I am so ready to be "gone"  that would mean we were done.,..out daughters are looking at a house for sale up there that looks interesting....wouldn't that be fun...buy a house that you have only seen on the computer

Cocoa60

Jun-30

Morning Kitty.  Yesterday was busy but everything turned out well so was a very good day.  Didn't do to much after the busy morning.  I washed and touched up the paint on the sign from the motorcycle shop I used to have.  I put it up in the basement. 

I expect the tests to be routine every year, hope it stays routine.

As long as your daughter is handling the northern home with you.  I've seen people hide some bad defects online. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jun-30

Morning Susan.  I thought that was you on facebook. 

Brandy and I still doing our six miles in the morning before it heats up.  We're usually back by 9 AM.  We're still on the new route that has two steep hills.

I got an article that whole milk was good for diabetes after many years of doctors telling me to drink 2% if I drank it.  I gave up milk completely when I started this goal of pushing Diabetes into remission.  I fell for it, mostly because I grew up on a dairy farm and worked on the neighboring farms also.  My weight and glucose started going up so I stopped the milk and they're coming back down.  I rely on my books and articles as sort of a coach.  First time it was wrong by so much.  I recently hit 145 lbs, down from 180 in January.  So just can't trust all even when from huge health organizations. 

We have a pool of our own, put it in back in 1989.  I seem to have it running well.  Main thing was a new flow switch this year, so far.  I changed to salt water about 10 years ago.  The flow switch stops the chlorinator from coming on until after water is flowing from the pump.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-30

I look forward to your morning "chat" Ernie....it is nice to be in touch with people who came into my life a long time ago  Brian just went out for his walk  barely light enough but he does stay on the road....and the only wild critters are bobcats coyotes and alligators....wow that sounds like a lot to me...we are still isolating and it gets old...started to step up the packing of stuff we don't need....and your right flaws can be hidden on line...glad our daughters can go check them out....we have two lined up for them to look at....have a wonderful day Ernie....

Susan1206

Jun-30

I

i thought you might enjoy a visitor who stopped by a few mornings ago we don’t exactly live in the wild..... so he was quite a welcome sight. Enjoy the day ~ hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Jun-30

Hi Ernie,

I am sure that the salt water is far healthier than the chlorine.

still in phone conversations with the University Hospital Fitness Center and the return of my $125.00.  Due to COVID, it has not opened. I have 24 sessions of aquatic time left.  Since I was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis last year, Drs. Have both said to stay out of chlorine and hot tubs.   They tell me they are unable to return unused portion!!   And so our world has become.....

I don’t look forward to holiday fireworks because of Finn... and the anxiety it brings to our furry friends!

hugs, Susan

Sunset by the Lake ~

Cocoa60

Jul-1

Morning Kitty.  I passed my 13th anniversary of stopping poison smoke months ago, you must be coming up on yours.  Nice to say but years have to go by for it to happen.  I didn't have much health problems when I stopped but have picked up a few since,  Some are smoking related, maybe all.

I helped my daughter install two AC units yesterday.  One I took out the cardboard she had taped in and put in sheets of backed linoleum, and put a support under it.  The other came new from amazon yesterday and suffered some damage in shipping but she kept it since we have warmer temps on the way.  Besides the dents and cracked front panel, can't lower the temperature on the front panel, only with the remote.  They gave her a $100. return for the damage.  It's a 10,000 BTU that is a tall model because it has to fit in slider windows.  It's the only place she could find one right now.

I've been taken pretty good online, lucky I went through ebay and they refunded $2700. of my money on a car I bought.  I did fix the classic car and I still have it, from 15 years ago.

Last night was pizza night with daughter and grands.  They went swimming even though it was rainy.  Glad they enjoy the pool, takes some effort and money to keep it running every year.

Have a great day and good luck with packing.  I do see coyotes but it's rare.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jul-1

Morning Susan.  Nice picture of the lake, can't see the bugs.  smile

Salt water pools have a chlorinator so there is chlorine, just it's generated by the cell.  I don't have to handle it.

Sorry you can't get a refund on your pool club.  I don't think very many firework displays this year.  Only one in our area.  Cocoa really hated gun shots and fireworks, doesn't seem to bother Brandy as much. 

Don't know what I will do today.  Can't use the backhoe because it keeps raining so everything becomes mud very quickly.  Maybe fix the left rear brake on my Subaru. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-1

Good morning Ernie....yesterday was errands....needs to be done   today is packing.....getting tired of it....and it has even been too hot for an evening bike ride....it is already 80     I often think of the families that moved here back in the 1800's....this hot and no AC  no screens...mosquito heaven....have a good one....